| 2.1 |

I kept my back straight as I walked down the hallway with a guard on each of my sides. In front of me my hands were kept together by the electro magnetic cuffs. They hadn't seen the use for my ridiculous goggles in Maine, thankfully.

"Isn't it seriously warm in here?" one of the guards questioned the other, making me glance at him.

"I swear they have to fix this aircon system. It's summer here, not winter," the other complained as I just directed my eyes straight ahead once again.

Once I felt a tap on my shoulder I immediately halted my steps, making the guards both stop as well, looking at me funnily.

"Did we give orders for you to stop?" one snapped making me frown as I blinked a few times.

"Sorry... I get sick after the trial... every once in a while," I panted as I could feel Emiko's hands around my wrists, carefully opening the cuffs with what I think is a hairpin or so. I don't know, I couldn't see it.

"We have to keep moving!" one of them barked making me just stare intensely at the ground.

"Calm down, she looks like she'll faint if she continues right now," the other warned and I mentally cheered for myself.

I watched both cuffs around my hands click quietly, announcing to me they were loose on my wrists and not turned on anymore. I immediately grabbed the cuffs before they fell to the ground, keeping them on my wrists.

Glancing forward I could sense Emiko's presence, despite her not being visible. A small smile grew on my face as I hurriedly tensed up in my body and the two guards were thrown against the walls and fell to the ground at the same time as I let the cuffs fall.

Within seconds each guard had either Emiko or Lin sitting on top of them, with their weapons in hand.

"Oh I swear to God, I love that they let us learn these," Lin let out a small laugh as she looked down at the horrified guard, "you're not gonna say anything, are you?"

"N-no," the guard slowly stuttered.

In hindsight it was hilarious to see a full grown man being terrified of a small teenager. But if you knew what Lin was capable off, I would be terrified too.

"Let's just go. I'm craving fresh air," Emiko complained as she got up from the guard she had attacked, "Yeon-ie will fix them for us."

Lin slowly got up from her guard, keeping an eye on him with an arched brow. It was clear he was scared shitless of her, only making her look down at him in amusement.

I quickly did a gesture with my hands, swooping them towards one another. At the same time the guards' heads were pulled towards each other, by their helmets. The moment they hit each other they both went out as a light.

"Let's go," Lin hurried and we ran after her down the hallway.

Emiko ran right behind me, running backwards as I held onto her shirt to alert her in case she had to stop in any way at all.

We had barely even ran down to the floor below the one we had just been on before we were faced with a group of guards aiming their weapons towards us. Us girls immediately glanced at each other.

"Hold my gun," Lin murmured and handed me her gun before she rushed over to Emiko.

Immediately Emiko swung the gun over on her back, picking up Lin with her bare hands. 

"Shoot me off Ems," Lin murmured, "they're not gonna shoot anyways. We're too worthy... plus Yeon is here to save my ass."

"I got'chu girl," I hummed at her.

With a small chuckle Emiko immediately threw Lin towards the guards, who all began aiming their guns towards Lin. Simultaneously I slid my gun across the floor towards the guards, immediately guiding it to sweep all of the guards off their feet while Lin landed by them and kicked away their guns.

In a flash she had quickly grabbed a gun and knocked all of them out. Looking down at them in confusion before looking to Emiko and I, scratching the side of her nose.

"Aren't they supposed to be some of the best guards and soldiers in the country?" Lin questioned in confusion, "this is too easy for us."

"We are the best weapons they can have Linnie," Emiko let out a small laugh, casually stepping on the guards with me following behind her, "they can't defeat us no matter how hard they tried. Now tell me girls... are you feeling tired?"

"A tad bit," I hummed as Lin immediately nodded in agreement.

"So how do you say... we just walk out through this?" Emiko questioned.

Lin and I looked at each other, quietly chuckling before we linked our arms with Emiko. Without a sound we just began walking around, whenever we met a staff, guard or even a group of guards we managed to just walk straight past them, thanks to Emiko.

At one point we even met a whole group of guards running towards the second floor, once we had gotten down on the ground floor that is. They were all yelling about three subjects having escaped and attacked multiple guards there. By then we had all struggled with keeping in our laughs, but had managed to do it.

It seemed like we had reached the fire exit a lot easier than we had thought it would be. That was probably also why we didn't think it necessary to open and close the door quietly. We moreso slammed it before running off through the fenced area.

All three of us were laughing happily as we reached the fence. Lin immediately stepped forwards and simply grabbed onto it, watching it melt away for us to pass through.

Lin and Emiko ran out through the hole before me. Immediately throwing the guns in through the whole once more after Lin had melted the opening of the gun. I looked behind us once more before passing through the fence. Not even one guard in sight.

We can through the small wasteland there was between the lab and the nearest town. Now all we had to do was find a way to get back to Michigan. Despite our suspiciously white uniforms.

"Wouldn't it make sense for there to be a train station in town?" Lin questioned with a small smile as we had slowed down our running once we reached the town.

We might seem way too casual about our escape, but this time around we were assured we could avoid being caught immediately. We expected to at least get out of state before our faces were everywhere.

"Let's just ask someone," I shrugged and Lin nodded in agreement.

Without a word Emiko quickly rushed up to the first person on the street she saw. It might've been an elderly lady, but she surely looked like someone who had lived in this little town her whole life.

"Excuse me, madam," Emiko excused and the woman immediately looked her up and down in confusion, "do you happen to know if there is a train station nearby?"

"Are you escapees from the mental asylum?" the woman frowned and Emiko immediately let out a small laugh.

"No! Not at all!" She exclaimed in amusement, "you know... it's just this heat, and we wnat to dress appropriately for the local society. So we better wear white clothes to not suck up the heat, you know."

"Ah..." the woman slowly nodded, "the train station is down this road and two times to the right. Where are you going?"

"We've been visiting family here, so now we're going back to Michigan," Emiko excused and the woman nodded.

"Meadow Ville," Lin clarified and I nodded in agreement.

"Oh well... if you want to go to Michigan you should take the Toronto train. It's quite a long ride I hear from my daughter, about twenty hours. It usually goes from the station in about twenty minutes... so you better hurry," the woman pointed out and Emiko immediately nodded.

"Thank you so much miss," Emiko excused and waved for Lin and I to follow.

Immediately the three of us set into a run towards the train station.