God does it hurt.

I think yall are gonna be happy with this chapter ;)

Adira didn't say anything as Eddie sat down next to her, she had tears falling down her cheeks, but there were no sobs falling from her mouth. Eddie knew that she wasn't going to start the conversation, so he decided to, "you know, I've never seen anyone look so beautiful when they cry," he muttered out to her, deciding to shoot his shot.

He had liked this girl since they were little kids, and there was a possibility that this was her last day, so he decided to finally work up the courage and make a proper move, and not just minor flirtatious remarks as he said to her in the hallways occasionally.

Adira brought her hand to her face and wiped some of her tears away with her palm, letting out a frustrated and embarrassed huff "I look like a whole damn mess," she choked out, looking down at her lap, twiddling her fingers as she forced herself to look away from Eddie, not wanting him to see her this way.

"A beautiful mess, a really fucking beautiful messs," Eddie added softly, he was leaning over slightly, his eyes running along her face. It was true, she was beautiful and he planned to let her know that, "Adira you can talk to me you know... about literally anything you want. I'm here for you whenever you need to talk."

Adira forced herself to look over at him, their faces were only about thirty centimetres apart. "Can I tell you a secret?" Adira asked him softly. Eddie gave her a sweet smile and playfully nudged her shoulder, trying to cheer the girl up and put a smile on her face.

"No," he told her jokingly, causing the girl to giggle slightly and look up at him, he stared into her eyes, it was like peering into the ocean, beautiful and mysterious, with so many secrets to uncover. 

He felt his stomach jumping around in happiness at the sound. Her giggle was angelic, and the fact that it was him that had made her laugh only seemed to make it 10 times better, "yeah of course, you can ask me anything sweetheart."

"I wish that we could have been better friends earlier... We were kinda close when we were kids but we drifted apart when stereotypes really began to become a thing, we went our separate ways... I just wish we could have stayed friends ya know? I feel like things could have turned out differently," she admitted to him. Eddie's smile dropped slightly as he bit the edge of his lip to stop himself from saying anything as he nodded his head.

Friends. She just wanted to be friends.

Adira noticed the look on his face and furrowed her eyebrows in concern, "hey what's wrong? Did I say something stupid? Oh god, I did didn't I. I'm really sorry, I say stupid shit all of the time and I -" she began to rant but Eddie cut her off

"I fell so fucking hard for you without really knowing it, I mean I knew I liked you but I never knew just how much until these last few days. I can't stop thinking about you, every second all that is on my mind is you. Every time I fall asleep all I dream about is you. Your voice is the sweetest thing I've ever fucking heard and whenever you're around I can't think straight," Eddie admitted to her, "and god does it hurt that you can't see it."

Adira stared at him with wide eyes, not being able to believe her ears. She hadn't expected him to say something like that to her, hell she didn't even realise that he had liked her like that, she had just figured that he was a really flirtatious guy and he treated every girl like that. Adira looked away from him to try and hide the blush in her cheeks, she didn't know what to say to him. She obviously liked him too, but she was scared to start another relationship... and wouldn't it be cruel to tell him that she liked him too, just for her to die the same day?

"Please just look at me while I confess, after that you can look anywhere you like sweetheart, I promise," he begged her, wanting to get the words out that he had been trying to tell her for years now, "the truth is, youre one of the funniest and nicest people i have ever met, and I admire how loyal you are. Not to mention that I think you have the most prettiest smile in the world and I think you could light up a city with the way it reaches your eyes."

"Eddie-" Adira started but was instantly cut off by the boy who had basically broken out into a rant now.

"Yeah I get it, Harrington, I'm just a freak and you're the star soccer player and cheerleader of Hawkins, we wouldn't work and I know that you don't like me, but I just needed to tell you how I feel in case... in case I don't get the chance to tell you in the future," he muttered out to her, "I get if you don't want to talk to me after this, I don't mean to make things awkward or anything, but I just had to tell y-"

"Eddie, I like you too..." Adira admitted softly, reaching out and grabbing his hand in her own. Neither of them said anything after that for a few short moments. Eddie couldn't believe his ears... Adira Harrington liked him back? No way, it had to be some kind of joke right? 'It has to be a joke. Why would someone like her like someone like me?' he thought. Adira heard it and it made her heart ache.

"Eddie, I really like you," She explained to him, not letting him know that she had heard what he had said in his head, yet still affirming that she had liked him too. Eddie couldn't help but let out a small excited chuckle as he ran his fingers through his hair happily.

"God I could kiss you right now," Eddie muttered out happily, practically jumping in his seat from his excitement. Adira took it upon herself to lean forwards and place a soft kiss against the corner of his mouth, it was gentle and only lasted a few second but Eddie had turned beet red in a matter of milliseconds. He blinked a few times, stunned from what had just happened

"I... I want to take things slow," Adira admitted softly, "But I really really want this, I really like you Eddie, and I'm happy that you told me how you feel," she added and Eddie nodded his head, respecting her decision of wanting to take things slow. 

All he wanted was her, and now he finally had a chance. He knew he had to do whatever he could to protect her, they had to make it out of this... they had to survive so that they could grow old together, have kids and travel the world.

"I didn't think that you liked me like that, like ever," Eddie admitted softly, he pinched himself on the leg to make sure that this wasn't a dream, he still couldn't believe that this was happening right now. He wondered how long she had liked him, and cursed himself for not telling her his feelings sooner, from robbing them of all the time that they could have already spent together.

"Well I guess you're oblivious as me then, because I have liked you for the last 2 months," she admitted with a wide smile

"Ive liked you ever since we were little kids. The way that you were nice to me and stood up against your own friends when they would call me or other kids a freak, I remember in 5th grade when Jeremy called me a freak and you punched him in the face," Eddie said with a chuckle, remembering one of the many memories he often replayed through his mind, "I've wanted to tell you that I have liked you for ages now but I just never worked up the courage, and not to mention your brother never would have let it happen. And then there was Billy Hargrove, I have got to say, I didn't expect you guys to happen, anyways I was so jealous of him."

"You were?" Adira asked him, she knew that he hated Billy, many of the boys at Hawkins High hated the boy, but she never knew that he was jealous of the fact that her and Billy were together. 

"yeah, I really liked you and he was a dick, but I saw the way he was around you when you were together, you changed him, made him a good person," he admitted as he leant forwards and pressed his forehead against Adira's forehead. "You are so badass, smart, beautiful, loyal and protective. God there is just something about you... I adore you Adira. You are the one girl that I have always wanted but never thought I could have."

"Well I think that just changed didn't it?" Adira asked him, a hopeful tone as she smiled at him, her eyes peering into his

"It did indeed sweetheart," he muttered out and went to press his lips against hers but they were interrupted by Adira suddenly quickly pulling away, fear on her face as her eyes scrunched shut for a few moments

She saw Max and Billy in the cemetery but it was now dark and there was thick fog everywhere. "Max, I have been waiting to hear those words Max, for so very long," Billy said to Maxine, but she knew this wasn't Billy... it was Vecna

"Hey whats wrong?" Eddie quickly asked her, grabbing her hands in concern.

"Something is wrong with Maxine," Adira muttered, not waiting for Eddie as she quickly jumped up from her seat and then ran over to the car, "quickly guys, something is wrong with Max," she cried out before they all ran up the hill (Be running up that rode, be running up that hill) and over to Maxine.