Shining on Stage! CH-97

Narrator: Last time, Ash and Kiawe were battling for the title of Alolan Champion. Both trainers were each left with one pokemon.

"Inferno Overdrive!!"

"Slash through it with Dragon Claw!" Ash countered as he just mega evolved Charizard.

Charizard slashed it in half, shocking every spectator as well as Kiawe himself.

"Now! Let's show them a real fire type move! BLAST BURN!" Ash yelled on top of his lungs.

(Narrator) As Charizard launched it's ultimate move, Blast Burn towards Kiawe's Turtonator, everyone looked on in expectation. The move hit and a huge explosion occurred. What is the final outcome?

(---)

The smoke cleared, revealing an unconscious Turtonator laying on the ground, right infront of a snarling and growling Mega Charizard Y.

"Turtonator is unable to battle, Charizard wins and the winner is our Champion Ash Ketchum!"

It was dead silent as Hala made the call. But then, the crowd erupted in cheers. Ash's eardrums would almost burst by the amount of noise the Alolan fans produced.

Amazing, Incredible, Marvelous, Fantastic! Whatever you wanna call it, this was a splendid battle with the most unexpected turn of events! Our champion keeps his title after being behind for the whole battle!

Ash looked around the stadium, staying on his place with an astonished look. His feet were frozen on the spot, like he was slowly becoming a statue as he started realising what just happened.

He had defended his title successfully. A small smile crept on his face, thinking about the achievement. Pikachu and Lucario erupted in cheers as they darted towards Charizard who just returned to his normal form. Pikachu jumped on his shoulder and nuzzled his cheek while Lucario jumped on Charizard, embracing it as tight as it could.

"Ash!"

Ash heard the voice, slowly turning to where the voice came from. It was Serena, who somehow found her way onto the battlefield. She ran to him as fast as she could, tears of happiness flowing down her cheeks and one of the biggest smiles he had ever seen on her beautiful face.

Then, she jumped on him, hugging him as tight as she could. "You did it! You defended your title!" She shouted enthusiasticly. "I knew you could do it." She said, lowering her volume and tone as she tightened the hug once more. Ash wrapped his own arms around her aswell, smiling softly as he listened to her emotional voice. Then, she moved her head backwards and pressed her lips on his.

"Without you, we couldn't have done it. Thank you for reminding me." Ash spoke after they broke the kiss.

At seeing the kiss, the cheers grew even more violent in cheers as Ash and Serena looked around, smilingly.

Then, Kiawe walked up to them and looked at Ash, stretching out his hand. "It seems that you have beaten me again Ash." He started. "Thanks for this amazing battle, Champion." He smirked at Ash.

"Thank you too Kiawe! It was awesome!" Ash replied smilingly as he pulled Serena a bit closer to him with his other hand that was around her waist.

(---)

"Ash! We need to go! Otherwise I'm too late to enter!" Serena yelled hysterically.

At the moment, they were in their hotel room. It was the morning after Ash defended his title and it was now time for Serena to show what she could. The day of Alola's first ever contest and Serena still needed to register.

"Coming!" Ash shouted, entering the living room as he put his jacket on. "Almost ready." He added, putting his bag over his shoulders as he took place next to Serena. Then, he leaned in and gave her a quick kiss on the lips.