Fifty-nine

Not edited

Ahsha

Ares and Malik, both circled me like predators, their eyes never leaving me. It was obvious what they wanted from me and as much as I missed them, all I wanted was to see Nasir. "You're scaring everyone," I told the two of them. "So?" Ares said in his native tongue. "That's not a very king-like attitude, Ares," I told him. "Again— so?" He said. I laughed softly. "Nice to see you haven't completely changed," I told him as I looked his new body over. He smiled down at me. I turned towards our waiting audience.

"Everyone, please stand. Eat. Drink. Enjoy your night." I called out. Slowly everyone rose to their feet hesitant to move any further with Ares and Malik staring them down. I turned to my mates rolling my eyes. I gently pushed past them heading to the back to see Nasir. As I was making my way to my son my arm was grabbed, and I was pulled into a private room.

I turned to see Malik towering over me staring into my eyes. He was upset. I could see it and feel it. "It's okay if you're mad at me," I said. He stared at me, no words leaving his lips for a moment. "Never leave us again." He whispered pressing his forehead against mine and taking in a deep breath. "You two can join me next time." I joked. He smiled. "That's the only way you're leaving us." He said. I heard Ares's low deep mumbles. "Come here," I called. Ares looked over at us.

"Oh, you remembered I was here." He said with a pout. My eyes widened before I slapped my hand over my mouth to contain my laughter. "Is he pouting?" I questioned. "How long have I been gone?" I laughed looking at Malik. "He has been a lot more forthcoming with his emotions since his return," Malik said laughing also. "I don't pout, and you shut up," Ares said.

"You should hurry we will have guests joining us any minute," I said holding my arms up still laughing. He walked over to me hugging me tightly. "We missed you so much." He mumbled into my neck. "I know," I said as Malik hugged me from behind. Soon enough we were joined by Isa and Veronica. "Aww isn't that such a precious sight?" Isa said. "Oh hush," I told him.

Ares and Malik moved to stand beside me protectively. I looked at Isa before my eyes shifted to Veronica. She took a step back moving slightly behind Isa. "Stop it," Isa said. "I'm not doing anything." I countered. He rolled his eyes before we were joined by our family. My mom rushed in and immediately went to hug Isa. He smiled softly hugging her tightly before letting her go. My mom turned to me taking a step towards me but stopped when Ares and Malik took a step forward. She looked from them to me, but I stood still.

Omniscient

"You said you died? What happened?" Rafi questioned. Ahsha looked at him tilting her head curiously. "I'm sure you all have tons of questions. However, now is not the time or place for either of us to answer them." Ahsha said. "What? All this time we thought you were dead. Never to be seen or heard from again. We didn't even get to have a proper funeral—," She paused as tears filled her eyes. "And suddenly out of the blue you're back. You died and now you're back." She said.

Ahsha walked towards her hugging her. "I am sorry for any pain this has caused, but it needed to be done." She said feeling her mother's tears hit her shoulder. "Dad says he misses you and he will speak to you soon." She whispered. As Ahsha let her mother go, Mia looked at her daughter wide-eyed before Ali pulled her into his arms to comfort her. He looked at Ahsha and felt a chill run down his spine. The eyes staring back at him were identical to those of her father's.

Ahsha looked away from him when she felt the anger of her brother consume her. "What happens now?" Imam asked. "Right now, you all are going to back out there with our guest and mingle as for me—," She paused turning towards the door. "I'm going to go see my baby." She said before walking off.