47. goddamn jason carver

GODDAMN JASON CARVER

✧・゚: * Nora tries for what feels like the millionth time to send a signal out to Erica and Lucas to show Max was starting Phase 2, but wasn't getting any conformation in return.

She wants to try one last time before assuming they just forgot to answer back when she suddenly hears the floorboards creaking from just outside the room.

"Shit."

Jason fucking Carver walks through the hallway, and Nora and him stare at each other in some kind of strange standoff as he look surprised at seeing her.

"Well, well, well," the asshole stalks closer to Max, Nora also moving up protectively. "The hell have you done?"

"You can't be here right now," Nora tries stating authoritatively, but she knows her voice shakes as Jason nearly misses stepping on Max's Walkman with his sneaker.

"Is this what you did to Chrissy?" He ignores her completely, and if Nora didn't think he was insane earlier. . .

"You need to leave," Nora steps forward some more.

"Hi," he kneels down next to Max. "Can you hear me?"

"Don't touch her," Nora walks a bit more frantically.

"Are you okay?" Nora finally rushes forward when Jason puts a hand on her shoulder.

"Hey!" He pulls out a gun.

Nora backs up instinctively, putting her hands up in defense, but not dropping her flashlight or her gaze from Max.

I swear to God if this fucker fucks everything up-

"Stay back, okay?" Nora realizes the issue at hand and suddenly feels her heart stop as she fully comprehends the fact that a loaded gun is pointed at her face right now.

By Jason Carver, no less! If she's going to die, it is not going to be by his hand.

"Dude, can you just relax-"

"Relax?! Listen very carefully," they keep eye contact, Nora unsure whether to scoff at his antics or genuinely fear for her life - more of the latter. "I'm going to back away to the top of the stairs there, and you're going to wake her up from whatever the hell this is."

"If I wake her up-"

"If you don't wake her up, I'll shoot you!" He turns off the safety on the gun for emphasis, but Nora will not show how phased she is.