Arc 3, Chapter 8: Rubys Birthday

3rd person POV:

Ruby: "Eren!!"

A red blur comes from outside their dorm room and lands in front of Eren on the couch. Blake quickly stops kissing Eren but keeps her arm around him.

Eren: "Hey Ruby. What's up?"

Ruby moves in and hugs Eren too fast for Eren to process it. She tightens her grip on him and rests her head on his chest.

Ruby: "It's our birthday...the first birthday we get to share together."

Eren slowly puts a hand on Ruby's head and pets her hair nice and slow.

Eren: She looked so scared and...different in that memory. She's been through a lot in there and seeing MY Ruby be so cheery is...I'm glad mine is okay.

Eren: "I know. You seem excited about it sis."

Ruby: "Well...it's just exciting to be able to share a birthday with a twin. Especially with us being on good terms now."

Eren: "That's true. Though...I've been thinking about this for a bit now."

Ruby: "What?"

Eren: "Why didn't Mom and Dad name me with a name that starts with R? Weiss is W for White, Blake is B for Black, Yang is Y for yellow and you are R for Red."

Ruby sits there and thinks before finally processing what he asked.

Ruby: "Hey you're right! I mean, I know people sometimes don't follow that naming rule but it's odd that I got my name from that rule and you didn't. What would your R name be anyways?"

Blake: "R boy name? Ralph?"

Eren: "NO." He says bluntly.

Blake: "Hm...Ryan, Roman, Ray, Rey, Ross....Richard?"

Eren: "I will NOT be named Dick Rose. Heh..Dick Rose."

Eren hears Weiss groan from that. Ruby and Yang snicker while Pyrrha chuckles.

Blake: "Yeah, that's bad. What about...Rhodes? Is that a name?"

Eren: "Rhodes? Never met someone with that name."

Ruby: "Rhodes Rose. Rhodes and Ruby. I think we're just too used to Eren Rose."

Eren: "I agree."
.
.
.
Eren POV:

That dream. How did the world even get to that point? Cinder still became the Fall Maiden, I guess that was destined to happen no matter what. Only RWBY was in that weird realm from our side...what a mess that world is. And if that's Blaces timeline, I can only imagine the mess the current original timeline is in. Without a powerhouse like me or Blace in there...how would they win? I'm sure some bullshit would be pulled for it.

Blake: "Eren? You alright?"

Eren: "Yeah. I just had an odd dream that I'm still thinking about."

Blake: "Do you want to talk about it?"

Eren: "I don't know if I can. I myself am still trying to fully process it."

Blake reaches over and pats my head gently.

Blake: "Alright. But if you ever do I'm sure me or Ruby or Yang will be glad to listen."

Eren: "Thanks Blake."

I feel...dead. Something doesn't feel right. I should be enjoying being around these people. I even forgave Ruby and Yang for Oums sake but I can't shake this feeling of nothingness. Maybe I need a break from Wail. Maybe the other Blake would help.