Back On Course

I had entered a deep sleep once again, I dreamed about another time I struck up a conversation with Ness. It was a warm cloudy day outside, I was walking around the neighborhood looking for any money I could use to fund Johnny's special trip to the water park. The fresh air was also helping me clear my aching head from a punishment the Johnsons inflicted on me when I did something bad. They dragged me out of bed last night and decided to punish him by having me wash the car, they also had me pull up all the weeds and crabgrass in the yard and having me clean the gutters and and wash all the windows of the house.

I spent the rest of the night paying for my crime until Claire found me and helped him. I was able to find some quarters and a few dollar bills on the ground. When I was walking, I saw Claire looking at some newspapers. She looked up and saw me looking at her.

"What are you reading?" I asked, Claire folded the newspaper and placed it on the ground before answering my question, "Nothing good, I can tell you that." I was able to take a glance at the newspaper and understood what she meant, "Local Resident Found Mangled."

Claire looked at my facial expression and decided to change the subject, "How are you feeling?" "A lot better now." I replied. We walked together and overheard a group of people talking about Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex, "I hope we get to see the Glamrocks tomorrow." "Are you sure having your daughter's birthday at that place is a good idea?" "I want to go check out Monty Golf the next time we go back to the Pizzaplex, Daddy!" "There is no way I am going to that place with the Fazbear Freak on the loose!"

Hearing about this so-called "Fazbear Freak" makes me feel uncomfortable, I noticed Claire stopped walking and looked at a telephone pole. She was looking at a missing person poster that had a girl with green eyes and two blonde pigtails on it, seeing the poster caused a small grin to appear on Claire's face. "Good riddance." I was completely shocked by what I heard Claire say, "Claire! How can you say that?!" She looked at me and responded, "Hey! That girl had it coming! You remember the fight she and I had, don't you?"

Two weeks ago, I saw Claire and the now missing girl get into a serious fight and I had to throw myself in front of Claire to get her to stop punching the girl. I didn't respond to Claire's comment. I knew that girl was selfish based on what I heard from the fight, but part of me couldn't help but feel sorry for that girl. "Now if only this "Fazbear Freak" would kill the old man and that she-devil he calls his wife living across the street to us." Claire said.

I did secretly wish that the Robinsons who lived across the street from the Johnsons were removed from my life, they were the complete opposite of the Johnsons as they were bullies to me and my friends, but having them die just didn't sit right with me. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I saw Ness walking in our direction, "Ness!" She turned to me and smiled, "Hello, Gregory. It's nice to see you again." Claire looked away from the poster and saw Ness. "Is she the one that patched up your elbow?" Claire asked.

I nodded my head in response. When Ness got closer, she turned her attention to Claire, "Are you one of Gregory's friends?" Claire looked back at Ness and responded, "Yeah. I'm Claire." Ness grew a big smile on her face, "It's nice to meet you, Claire. I'm Ness." She said as she extended her hand towards Claire. While Claire was shaking her hand, she felt like she heard that name from somewhere before, 'Ness? I've heard that name from somewhere before but where?' She thought.

"What brings you two out here?" Ness asked, "Well... We were just going for a walk to get some fresh air." I responded, Ness looked at the missing person poster on the telephone pole and frowned, Claire noticed that and spoke up. "Is she someone you know?" Ness looked back at Claire and shook her head, "No. But I did see her at Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex." This caught Claire's attention, "Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex? You work there?"