MTMR chapter 1

Chapter 1* 

October of 2011 

"I think that's the last box," Andy said, flopping down on the new couches we had bought for our new house. The couches we previously had were put in one of several empty bedrooms that were never going to be used. Unless Andy and I magically had twelve kids and gave each their own room since the moment they were born. Yeah, right. 

"Yeah, it only took us three months," I commented, sitting next to him. I would have sit on his lap happily, but it was really super duper hot, even though it was the middle of October, and the babies would probably be up at any minute. Their daily nap time was almost at its end for the day. At least they were on regular schedules now and sleeping all the way through the night. They were both really smart for being only seven months old.  

We would have been all moved in in a matter of weeks, but I had to paint every room in the house first. I love my grandparents, but I needed to update the house a bit. The colors and themes in the house in general were a little too 'happy happy, fun fun' for me. The colors had been darkened a bit and the themes were brought down a few notches on the 'joy' level. Annie had moved in with us at the beginning of our move, so I had let her choose her room and decorate it however she saw fit. She had picked a bedroom on the second floor with an excellent view of the backyard and painted it a deep purple, which I really liked.  

Andy chuckled, pulling me closer to him and kissing my slightly sticky forehead. "That's alright," he said, looking down at me. "Moving in with more than two people was an interesting experience." 

"Interesting?" I balked, looking up at him like he was crazy. "Try exhausting and more than a little unnerving." 

"How so?" he asked, readjusting the two of us so we were more upright on the couch. 

"Exhausting because we were up at all hours of the day trying to get everything done, and unnerving because I had to keep up with Ali and Andy all day on top of moving and putting away things." 

Andy sighed. "Yeah, I guess it was a little harder. But, we're finally finished." 

"Yes, finally," I agreed, closing my eyes to just relax for a minute. "Now, you go take a shower while I get the babies up and ready." 

"Why exactly am I taking a shower?" he asked. He was laid back on the couch with his eyes closed. 

"Because we're all going to dinner to be with Ashley and Lexi to congratulate them and to spend some much needed downtime together," I explained, hoisting myself up of the couch just as sounds of the baby monitor began to ring throughout the quiet room. 

"What are we congratulating them on?" he asked lazily, trying to catch my hand and pull me down next to him. 

"For being pregnant," I answered like it was obvious, since it was. Lexi had told us she was pregnant two months ago and we had all been too busy with touring and other crap to be able to rightly congratulate them. We were all free now since Thanksgiving wasn't too far away and we scheduled around the holidays.  

"Ash is pregnant?" Andy asked, sounding dead serious. 

I rolled my eyes. "Babe, just get up and take a shower." 

"Why do I have to take one now if it's only three in the afternoon?" Andy asked, gazing over at the clock on the stove in the kitchen. 

"Because, I still have to take a shower, get the babies ready and call Candy to see what my schedule is for next week," I explained, already searching for my cell phone. I know I had put it around here somewhere.