26.

M A X I M ' S   P O V
16 year's previous

   "I don't have your money yet, Max." Mario held his gaze on the ground. "What the fuck do you mean you dont have my money? I've given you two months and you still couldn't come up with the money?"

   I was pissed. Mario was one of my best friends, one of my best customers too. I knew I could trust him, but my men were getting pissed that they didn't have their money.

   "Aren't you're parents like rich?" I already knew the answer to that. "They aren't my parents, and I already told you i'm not taking their money." He said, locking eyes with me.

   Mario has always been a troubled kid, he grew up to be a troubled guy. He was adopted by Alessandro and Gemma Russo when he was 8. I've known Mario since I was five sitting in the back of Mrs. Rodrigos kindergarten class.

   He didn't always have what everyone else had, so he turned over to drugs when he turned 13. He somehow found out that my men sold it and began buying from them.

   Look where that got him. In debt. "I'll make a deal with you." I said, leaning against the wall, bringing the cigarette to my lips. "Your deals are never fair fratello." He crossed his arms.

   "I heard you finally got that baby girl in your family." His eyes widened at the sound if little Kinsley. "No. Anything but her." He said, standing up straight.

   I shook my head. "No can do. You either bring her to me, or you die. Simple." I said, dragging another puff. "N- There has to be something el-" "I said No. You bring her to me, or you yourself die." "Fine." He walked out the door towards his car.

"Good."

<>
A week before.

   That day was the last day I had heard anything from my dear brother. We tried tracking him but he completely fell off the grids.

   For a while, I though that he would actually bring the girl to me, but that idea soon faltered when we discovered he was nowhere to be found. Until I got a surprise phone call.

M: Maxim   MR: Mario

M: Mario, what a surprise.
MR: Were going to the main house, where Kinsley is.
M: I'll text you the address in which you can drop her off at. I'll see you soon.
MR: Maxim. I need you to promise me one thing.
M: What is it?
MR: Please, please do not hurt her.
M: No promises dear brother.

   I hung up the phone with a scoff. Oh Mario, have you not leaned anything from doing business with me? 

I'll see you soon принцесса.

<>
M A T T E O ' S   P O V

   It's been a little over a week since Kinsley got taken from us. Again. It's definitely taken a mental toll on everyone. Even the family that just met her again.

"Jonah, yea. Can you gather up some guys and send them over to the address I'm about to text you." Andrea said from the phone. "Perfect thanks."

"He said he can get like 20 people." He said. "I'll call one of my friends, he can help us." Cyrus pulled his phone from his pocket. "We can use it. I'm sure they aren't very well trained but-" I paused. Cyrus nodded and walked out the room.