8

For the first time in a while I actually felt some anxiety running through me

For the first time in a while I actually felt some anxiety running through me. Usually I did things with a careless mind and yolo'd everything in my life.

But right now as I'm in the car about to head into some dudes house for a party, I was pretty nervous. My hands felt sweaty and I play with the end of my skirt.

"You nervous?" My dad asks, watching me look out the window.

"Nope" I lied and unbuckled my seat belt.

The other thing was confidence, fake it till you make it, right? I did a lot of pretending to get over my anxiety.

"Well dad, see ya. I'm off to do some hard drugs and drinking. Let's see if I can kiss up to four boys tonight, I'll let you know how everything goes." I said, joking around and opening the car door.

"Thalia. That just makes me more worried." He says sighing.

"I'm just kidding, I won't go that hard on the drugs." I reassured him and he rubs his hands against his face.

"In all seriousness, Don't go near any drugs or alcohol or whatever you teens like to do that ruins your Health. And I want you home before ten, okay?" He points a finger at me like dads do.

"Got it, do drugs, drink alcohol and ruin my health. I'll be home by one am." I get out and flattened down my white tennis skirt.

I lean against the car and poke my head through the window.

"Bye dad, Love you." I give him a reassuring smile.

He doesn't drive away until I'm inside and I'm pretty sure my dad was the only parent to drop me off. Probably because every other person here could drive already, I've been meaning to do some practice but I've been like really busy.

Kinda.

As I walk inside, my stomach turns and I'm anxious all over again. I don't have any friends here even and though I recognize some people from school, it's not like I really talk to anyone here.

I look around the room and right away feel like I stand out. Every single girl here was wearing a pretty dress that made them look so pretty and I just felt underdressed.

It took me about thirty minutes and three different outfit choices to finally pick out the one I wore right now. I wore a white tennis skirt that reached right above my knees and a black, tight long sleeved shirt that was opened just a little showing off my collarbones. Adding my black Dr.Martens.

I look around as I walk more into the house. It was huge.

That's what she said.

The house was dark with dim lights and colored lights brightening up the living room where most people were chatting with one another. Sometimes I wish I really was popular so that at least people would talk to me.