|11| b a n a n a

"Do we really have to go now? I mean, come on! It's lunch and I am starving. Don't you have a soft bone in you? Don't you pity this growing girl who's in need of all the nutrients that she can get?" I tried to tug at Austin's conscience, who's currently placing his books from his bag to his locker.

It's lunch time already and I thought it would just be a typical Monday where I will drag myself down the stairs-from my room, go to school, listen to my teachers and have lunch with my super friends at the cafeteria. But Austin had to ruin that routine by throwing a piece of crumpled paper at my head during Literature, where he's my classmate.

Written on the paper are sloppily written words that read: My locker. After this. Oh how polite! He didn't even have the decency to write his locker number-which obviously I am not aware of or even his name. What does he think of me? A freaking psychic?

But being the naturally talented person that I am, I figured it was him and followed him from our Literature class to his locker. Which brings us back to the current situation at hand.

"I don't have another time," he replied, still not looking at me as he slammed his locker shut.

I leaned myself against the cold metal lockers and sighed, acting so disappointed and depressed so he could at least consider me a fifteen minute allowance before heading to our old, dusty library. "But I am starving. What if I get a stomach ulcer? Just fifteen minutes," I begged further, pouting my lower lip in attempts to look more pitiful and convincing.

Snorting at my dramatics which he obviously didn't believe. He raised the strap of his black Nike bag higher on his shoulder and frowned at me, dismayed.

"Yeah. Because this isn't for your progress," he taunted, turning to face me. Both of his eyebrows raised in a brooding manner, expecting me to rebut what he just said.

I know this is for my entry but...but...I'm hungry! And food is something that we should never deprive ourselves of, simply because it's food.

"But I'm hungry," I mumbled quietly, leaning away from the lockers and crouching down a little as I stand in front of him. I chew on my bottom lip and fixed my gaze at the cream colored floor of our school.

"So? I am hungry too," he retorted, leaning his shoulder on his closed locker as he peered at my face.

Yeah, he's probably right. This isn't his problem and I am just asking him a favor so I don't have the right to demand for anything.

Tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear, I stood up straight and looked right into his eyes. "I'm sorry. This is stupid. I shouldn't have bothered you in the first place." With that, I started to walk away. Taking small steps in hopes that he would call out to me just like what they do in movies.

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight... Oh come on! Nine, ten, elev-

"School paper girl!" He suddenly called out to me making me halt in my tracks. Ha!

Stiffling a grin, I made my expression blank before slowly turning back to face him. "Yeah?"

"I'll just treat you a scoop of ice cream after school," he grunted out, hands in his pockets as he look anywhere but me.

Losing all my control to restrain myself from grinning widely, I quickly rushed to his side and punched his shoulder playfully with a huge grin plastered on my face, causing him to stagger a little and glare at me. "Ice Cream Wonderland?"

"Ice Cream Wonderland," he confirmed, forcing out the words as if it's such a burden to him while nodding his head unwillingly.

Nonetheless, his answer made me squeal earning the attention of some of our schoolmates, ignoring them I grinned up at him. "I always knew you're nicer than they thought," I teased, wiggling my eyebrows at him.