Chapter Thirty Seven

"You know, sometimes I amaze myself."
- Han Solo

❆ ❆ ❆

*One year later*

"Lock onto him R2." Anakin's voice rang through Oriel's headset over the countless sounds of blasts firing and explosions triggering.

"Masters, General Grievous's ship is directly ahead. The one crawling with vulture droids." He informed the two Masters who were following his tail.

"Oh I see it. Oh this is going to be easy." Obi-Wan said sarcastically as he readied his ship.

"I think they see us." Boba observed as the vulture droids took flight and headed straight for them.

The three Jedi and the padawan were in the middle of a galactic battle on the outskirts of Coruscant where the Separatists had set up a giant blockade and were holding Chancellor Palpatine hostage.

The battle was unlike anything Oriel had ever experienced. There were over a hundred Republic and Separatist cruisers littered around the planet, all of which were engaged in battle not to mention the thousands of fighters battling in between.

Oriel could feel the end of the war was nearing, it had been over three years since it started, yet it felt as if the war was more out of control then ever. The Senate were disagreeing with each other more and more while the Separatists had been using it to their advantage and were strategizing, Oriel just wished she knew what they were planning.

"Rooster do you copy?" She asked as she clicked buttons on her Jedi Interceptor that readied her cannons.

"Copy Red leader." Rooster responded.

"Mark my position, form up your squad behind me." Oriel ordered.

"We're on your tail General Dune. Stars, Knuckles you take the left, Ace, Copper on the right." Rooster instructed his men and soon they were surrounded by her clones of the 612st battalion.

"This is where the fun begins." Anakin said and Oriel could basically see the giant smile plastered across his face as he awaited the fight. Her guess was the Boba mirrored him too.

"Let them pass between us." Obi-Wan said so Oriel manoeuvred to the right and seconds later about ten vulture droids zoomed past her and her windscreen was filled with flashes of green and red.

She wasted no time in pressing her thumbs down on the triggers and fired at any movement that wasn't created by a living source. Boba's blue interceptor flew in front of her so she had to pull up immediately which put her off course.

"In the name of-! Boba what do you think you're doing?" Oriel exclaimed as she had to circle around through another group of droids to regroup with her squad.

"I'm just trying to help." He answered but it didn't sound apologetic instead it sounded sassy.

"Boba you need to learn that you're not the star of the show here, we work as a team and if you don't wish to participate then I would be happy to inform the council. Oh wait, I am the council." She said sternly and all she got was a loud swallow in response.

"Missiles. Pull up." Anakin said and they all faced their ships upwards in sync like a dance and the blue streams created by the explosives zoomed past them.

"They overshot us." Obi-wan said looking in his rear view.

"They're coming around." Oriel said as she watched them loop and come back straight for them.

She sped her ship up and stayed ahead of the missile but it didn't seem to give up and if the chase went on any longer she would end up deep fried as well as the Chancellor.