Chap.31 || The Investigation

I GOT ANOTHER CHAPTER OUT!

This was supposed to be short but I got carried away-

Includes some mentions of flower husbands 

It's been a few days since their battle with Xornoth, and things have been going well for the hermits.

Everyone had returned to their respectful bases except Xisuma, who was still going to help the rulers find their way back to Empires.

Speaking of Empires... Let's see what's happening there.

~*~*~*~

All 6 rulers sat at the meeting table in Katherine's base, the corruption had mysteriously disappeared overnight and now they were discussing why and how.

"I can't even comprehend what is going on these past few months." Shubble sighed.

"The Wither Rose Alliance plus Joey going missing, then Xornoth disappears, and then the corruption disappears too?!" Lizzie says.

"I can't deal with this anymore." The Ocean Queen groaned. All the other rulers agree.

"I mean, the corruption is gone so that's good." Pix said trying to lighten the mood, "Yeah, but our strongest emperors are missing." Shubble added.

"When was the last time you guys saw them individually?" Pix asked, "The day before they went missing." Everyone replied somehow in unison.

Pix just muttered a quiet 'oh'

Everyone fell into silence again before Joel decided to break it, "I think we should try to do something."

Everyone let out confused noises.

"I mean like try to find out how they went missing y'know." He added, "And then we can find out where they could be right now!" Shubble chimed in.

Everyone agrees as well and they start discussing where they were last seen.

"Alright, so where was the last time you guys saw them all as a group?" Shrub asks, "I saw them together at the last empires meeting." Pix replied.

"I saw them together flying to Gem's base." Katherine answered, everyone else claimed that they didn't see them all together but just individually.

Lizzie realized that everyone had answered except for Jimmy. "Jimmy-" She got cut off by Jimmy speaking for the first time since they all gathered there. 

"I know where they were before they went missing." He spoke. All eyes were on him, confused and shocked ones. Lizzie was about to ask where but Jimmy answered before she even asked. 

"Scott and I were on a date." He started, everyone nodded. "While we were having a chat, Scott brought up something about an alliance meeting at Gem's secret meeting room at her base." He paused for a moment, "He also mentioned that they had to have a serious talk with Sausage." 

"That was when he just turned good again right?" Katherine asked, Jimmy nodded in response. "That was all Scott told me, so they were last seen at Gem's secret meeting room." 

"This is great and all but none of us know where it is and how you get in." Pix pointed out, "Who says none of us knows?" Jimmy laughs. "You know where it is?" Pix asks, "Scott tells me a lot about the alliance." Was all Jimmy said before getting up and walking out of the meeting room. 

Everyone sat there, not knowing what to do before deciding to follow him. As they got out, they saw Jimmy taking off in the direction of Gem's base, they all pulled out their own rockets and followed him. 

As they entered the Crystal Cliffs, Jimmy could be seen waiting for them on the stone path. They all safely landed beside him before Joel starts yelling at him for leaving them behind. "WHY DID YOU LEAVE US?! WE COULD HAVE LOST YOU!" 

Jimmy just laughs awkwardly, "Sorry, I just felt really cool and thought you guys were following me." Joel just sighs, "Right right, anyway, so where's this secret meeting room?" 

"Right over here." Jimmy starts leading the way to the entrance, he led them to a stone wall which everyone got confused at. "This is a stone wall." Lizzie says blankly, Jimmy places a lever on a certain stone block and flicked it. 

With the power of Redstone, the wall opened to reveal what looks like the meeting room with paintings all over the walls. "This is it? Well, that was easy." Joel shrugs, "This isn't the actual meeting room." Jimmy chuckles, "It isn't?" Shubble spoke, Jimmy shook his head. "Nope, this was built to trick you." 

Jimmy makes his way to a painting and walks through it leaving everyone dumbfounded, they all continued to follow him. As they walked through a small hallway, they arrived at another room, one with 6 doors in it. Jimmy walked towards a door and opened it before walking inside. 

Everyone looks at each other in confusion before shrugging it off and continuing to follow him, they walked through the door and heard Jimmy gasp. They entered the room Jimmy was in and learned why he gasped. 

The place was a complete mess. 

There were books littered everywhere on the floor, the chairs were knocked down, the Crystal Cliff banners were all over the table and floor, there were broken pieces of amethyst on the floor, and there were wither roses on the floor. 

"Oh my god..." Jimmy muttered under his breath, "What happened here?!" 

"This place is an absolute mess, what has the alliance been up to?" Joel inquired as he made his way through the books and broken pieces of amethyst. 

"It seems like some sort of fight or something happened." Pix exclaims as he picks up some books and places them back on the bookshelf, "Did they fight with Xornoth?" Shubble's voice rang throughout the room, everyone snapped their heads towards her. "I mean... they all disappeared along with Xornoth so it could be possible." 

Shubble did have a point.

"Well, let's just keep searching, maybe we'll find something that can tell us where they are." Katherine said flipping a couple of pages of the book she was holding. 

Everyone agreed and started searching. 

I didn't know how to end this chapter so there we go-

And also thank you all so so much for 4.1K! It means the world to me and I'm happy that people enjoyed the story!