Chapter 21

"Now I kinda smile I haven't felt that in a while"
-Conan Gray

Its been a while since the last time I woke up on my own accord. No nightmares, no nothing. Just me in my bed, feeling relaxed and comfortable.

Scratch that, I'm not in my bed. I blink my eyes repeatedly, squinting them and trying to focus on my surroundings. I'm in a dark room, black bedsheets and gray walls. I try to get up but I'm stopped by a weight on my waist.

I look down and find a arm wrapped around me. Ares' arm is holding me tightly against his chest, while his face is nestled in the crook of my neck.

Suddenly the events of last night come back to me. Our talk in the kitchen, him trusting me with a traumatizing experience of his and finally sleeping with me to help me with my nightmare.

I smile at the thought of him finally opening up to me. It might take a while but I'll be with him every step of the way, proving that he can trust me.

I try to pry his arm off of me, without waking him up, so I can get back to my room and get ready. My attempt at freeing mysleft is pointless, though, since he only responded by pulling me closer to him.

"Where are you going?" He mumbled in a sleepy voice.

"I need to get back to my room." I whispered slowly.

He snuggles closer to me, "Five more minutes..."

"Ares, it's me... Athena." I inform him cautiously.

Maybe he was too drunk yesterday and he doesn't remember a thing. I don't want him to freak out if he suddenly wakes up and finds me sleeping in his bed.

"Mhm" He hums "My Athena" He murmurs and goes back to sleep.

I exhale in frustration and relax my body on the mattress. I guess we're going back to sleep.

***

"GUYS WAKE UP!"

"ATHENA IS GONE, WAKE THE FUCK UP"

I can here people shouting out in the hallway but I'm to comfortable to care. I just groan and snuggle closer to Ares.

"I SWEAR TO GO IF YOU DON'T GET UP RIGHT NOW..." A door is slammed open "ARES, GET YOUR ASS OFF THE BED!" Someone screams. I believe it's Enzo but how is he here? I thought they'd be gone for a couple of days for a business trip. Whatever, I really don't care right now. I just want to go back to sleep.

"I swear to fucking God... If you don't get out of my room right the hell now I'm gonna put so many bullets in your body that you'll look like a freaking fishing net." Ares replied in a calm but deadly voice. He didn't even bother to open his eyes.

"Athena is right here, sleeping, so I suggest you all shut the hell up before you wake her up" He continues.

"And you couldn't have said that in the first place? Do you know how worried we were? We thought-" Enzo rumbles before he is rudely interrupted.

"Out!" Ares exclaims a little louder than before.

Enzo grumbles something under his breath but eventually leaves the room.