Chapter Fifity Three

Athanese was no saint . No , he was not . No matter how much he loved and protected he was no saint. He was tainted more tainted than he thought.

He just came to realize this fact after knowing he had only handful of days left. Athanese felt regret , he felt regret for not pursuing his dream in this life but all his regret and pain seemed to vanish away as if it is nothing when he thought about his family.

" Athanese ? "

Jeanette pulled Athanese out of his thoughts when she gently pulled his sleeves to get his attention.

" Yes , dear ? "

Athanese asked looking at his cousin Jeannette.

" You have dark circles under your eyes ... If something's wrong you can just tell me you know. But i-its not like you have to if you don't want to "

Jeanette replied feeling embarrassed for stuttering.

" No , its nothing at all honestly. I just slept a little late yesterday "

Athanese replied with a reassuring smile on his face. Unconsciously his hand moved up to caress her hair , Jeanette felt a warm and cozy feeling of being loved creep up inside her heart.

" If .... If you need anyone to talk to , I...I will always be here ..... Even though I may be unable to help you with my skills.. "

Jeanette replied not wanting the warmth of Athanese's palm to move away. Athanese looked taken back by her words but a smile this time a sincere smile adored his face.

" Thank you , Jeannette "

Athanese replied but felt worry creep up inside his heart when he noticed Jeannette's messy hair.

" Are ... Are the servants not treating you well , Jeanette ? "

He asked worry laced in his voice.

" N-no not at all !! They are really nice to me ! Really "

Jeanette replied , her face quickly turning red due to her inability to lie.

" Like you want to be of some help to me .... I would be more than happy if you seek help from me too Jeanette..... We should look after each other because we are family "

Athanese replied giving her a one last pat and a gentle smile. Jeanette simply nodded her head being unable to contain her happiness and joy.

" I will be off now . I hope you enjoy your dinner Jeanette . "

Athanese gave her a one last glance and left her room . Lucas was leaning against hallway a annoyed expression plastered on his face.

" You awfully enjoy that Chimera's company , don't you ? "

Lucas asked walking slightly behind Athanese.

" Of course , I enjoy her company . She may seem naive on the surface but she's really nice and smart once you get to know her "

Athanese replied with light chuckle . Lucas felt like butterflies stormed inside his stomach when he heard his lovely chuckle.

" So what are we doing today , Lucas ? "

Athanese asked . Hearing his name be spoken by Athanese in such a loving tone made Lucas's cheeks light up like Christmas lights.

" Your sister wanted to talk to us about a dream she had . "

Lucas replied casually sliding his hand on top of Athanese's shoulder.

" Is that so ? It must be something important if she wanted to tell us about her dreams "