100

"Okay, let's go through the rules again," Daniella said as she and her father got out of the car. "Please don't embarrass me, don't say or share any of my embarrassing stories, especially with Toto and Lewis. If you see someone from Red Bull then give them your deathly glare."

David Michaels just rolled his eyes at his daughter as a chuckle left his lips.

"It's so cute that you think I will follow the first rule," He replied as he put his arm around his daughter's shoulder and squeezed her cheek, making her face turn red as there were fans and photographers around. "But I will surely follow the second rule."

The father-daughter duo scanned their paddock passes and stepped inside, the cameras following them but after a few meters, they pulled away and turned their focus on other drivers.

"I missed this environment," David excitedly replied as he looked around.

Daniella was holding her father's hand like a small kid who is afraid of getting lost in the crowd. But the truth is she is happy her father is there to support her during the qualifying session and the race.

"Is that George?" David pointed at the Williams driver who also spotted the older Michaels and made his way to him.

"Umm... yeah," Daniella replied as the Williams driver approached them.

"Mr. Michaels," George smiled and shook David's hand.

"George, my boy," David pulled him into a quick bro hug. "How have you been? I haven't seen you in ages."

"I am good, doing really well," George replied. "You just attend one or two races a year so it's hard to see each other."

"True, true," David nodded. "And this one also complicates things," He glared at Daniella who was caught off guard. "I heard you two are no longer friends."

"Yeah.. Ummm... it's complicated," George awkwardly let out a laugh as he gave Daniella a look.

"See, this is what happens when you don't explain everything," David scolded his daughter. "You took his seat and didn't tell him why. And now you have lost this great guy as a friend."

"Dad.." Daniella said through her greeted teeth, warning her father. "We are in public. And did you forget about the NDA I signed with Red Bull?" She whispered into his ears.

George narrowed his eyes as he managed to hear the last part of what she just said.

"Wait, what ND..."

"We have to go," Daniella cut him off and held her father's arm before dragging him away from George.

"We will talk later," David said to George as he got dragged to the Mercedes hospitality. "Accept my Facebook request."

"No one uses Facebook anymore, dad."

***

Daniella joined her father again once she changed into her racing suit. He was in a busy conversation with Lewis' father and enjoying his coffee.

A bright smile appeared on her face when she saw Roscoe with Lewis. The bulldog wasted no time and ran to her.

Daniella kneeled down and patted the dog as Lewis just shook his head and complained to anyone who walked by.

"What are they talking about?" Daniella asked her teammate as she pointed at their fathers.

"Take a guess," He gave her a knowing look.

"They are complaining about us, aren't they?"

Lewis nodded.

***