(II) Chapter 21 - Closer

[Takeji's POV]

Time had passed ever since our college lives started. Nino is currently spending some time with her sisters saying that it was something very important for her. And as her boyfriend, I respect her space. Since her eldest sister would be leaving, I can only imagine how much of an impact it would be on her. She loves all of them anyway so it wouldn't be surprising if this sudden departure will leave her impacted by it.

Since I just got home, I went straight to my room after settling my things. While doing so, I heard some footsteps hurrying towards my room.

"Nii-chan!" Misako exclaimed after opening the door.

"Misako? What's up? And why are you such in a hurry?"

"Just take this. Someone wants to speak with you." She handed me the phone and said nothing else.

I took the phone from her hand and check what it was about.

"Hello?" I asked.

"So you're the Takeji that captured the heart of my sister?" The person asked.

"Uhm, who's this?"

"This is her sister, Ichika."

"Oh, hello."

"I wish we could've met before I left so my sister can properly introduce me to you."

"That's too bad. But how did you know Misako's number?"

"Well, we did meet last time and she was nice to give me her number. Is that gonna be a problem?"

"Oh, no. Not at all."

"Alright then! Anyways, I just want to say something before I leave. I don't want to leave things unattended."

"I understand. What is it?"

"Take care of my sister for me. I haven't met you personally but I know that my sister wouldn't just choose anyone. I know Nino. She knows what she's doing. Her, choosing you, says a lot."

"I see. Of course, I will take care of her. You don't have to worry about it."

"Thank you. I just wanted to make sure. You guys take care there."

"We will. Thank you. You have a safe trip."

"Alright. Oh, can you please pass the phone back to Misako-chan?"

"Understood."

I handed the phone back to Misako and said, "It looks like she wants to talk to you."

Misako's eyes lit up in excitement.

"Hello, Ichika-san?" Misako said while heading outside my room.

After the conversation, I checked my phone and found that I haven't received any messages from Nino yet. At this time of the day, Nino would usually send me texts. But I can't blame her. She's going through something and I don't expect her to ignore that just because of me. And since there's only so much that I can do but be there for her.

I was about to dial her number when I received a phone call.

"Babe, are you busy?" She asked right away.

"No, I'm not. I just got home and I've got nothing else to do, don't worry."

I heard her sigh.