Chapter 50. Three Years

In a span of three years, many things have changed.

The fear of demons have faded in the distance, resembling a dove flying into the horizon, its pair of jade-like porcelain wings smoothening the rocky winds. Peace seemed to return to Lydia Kingdom. Despite there being multiple demonic activities throughout the years, all was cleanly resolved by the Royal family.

A chirp of a bird fluttered through the clouds, landing swiftly down at a cozy village. 

"Young Master, are you sure about keeping your hair so long?" Willow's low voice ushered in the distance.

She hopped after a much taller figure compared to her. The maidservant dressed herself in a white and black dress, her once long wavy white hair cut to shoulder-length.

Before her was a slender young man, his height at 179 cm. A long stream of black ink hair slid down from his shoulders, the strands stretching to the lengths of his spine. His slim figure and elegant posture shone underneath the sunlight's gaze. He wore a black waistcoat, a thin white shirt underneath, the collar tussled and unbuttoned open. His lean neck baptized in the cool breeze, a light fragrance washed over the atmosphere.

The waistcoat around his abdomen was loosely buttoned, yet stuck to his lean body. An unzipped spider lily red vintage coat rested on his shoulders, its loose ends reaching to his calves, flapping to the wind. His slim black pants hugged his legs, a pair of meticulously polished black leather ankle boots—added to match.

The heels skimmed past the dirt, and a small chuckle fluttered in the wind.

"I've decided to not cut my hair," Lucilline drawled his voice lazily. It was the one thing that reminded him of Grand Duchess Rubius, "It would be a shame to cut it after growing it for so long."

"That's not true! It's not a shame!" Willow eagerly pressed. "I've cut my hair since it became a hindrance. Later on, it will regrow!"

Lucilline remembered how exasperated he was when learning of Willow's decision. Her precious white hair was cut, the strands weaved into a nest to accommodate birds.

"But now that I think of it," Willow muttered under her breath. "Young Master does look prettier with long hair..."

"What are you saying?" A push snapped her out of focus.

Augustine's eyebrows scrunched, a tint of grievance laid within his sharp grey eyes. He dressed in his butler attire, his short black hair brushed back handsomely. "If you have something to say, then say it loudly."

Willow shrunk her neck fearfully.

Having spent three years with this reincarnator, she has learned how to get along with him, and how to cooperate with him. But this guy still stepped on her nerves!

"Ahem," Willow quickly chose a different subject, "Young Master, we will be heading back to the Capital City today. Depending on the weather, the quickest time of arrival will be in approximately... hmm, midnight perhaps?"

Lucilline closed his eyes, leaning on a fence.

He was elegantly poised, while contemplating about the adventure.

"It has been three years since leaving the Capital City. Are you proud of yourself for abandoning your family?" The Dream demon scoffed in his mind.

Lucilline was unfazed. According to the original plot, I am supposed to die roughly at the age of 20. This is when I work with the demons and help them invade Lydia Kingdom. However, I have no intention of being a villain. I likely won't do the same thing in the novel-