THIRTY-ONE

━━━♡♤♡━━━

━━━♡♤♡━━━

"Atlas, I feel stupid." I stare at myself in the mirror and the stupid dress he picked out.

He laughs when I pull back the curtain and I show him the outfit. Though it's nice, it makes my boobs look like pancakes when they're quite big, and I look like a marshmallow.

"This is a wedding dress, River, not a prom dress. I look like a marshmallow."

He stands up and stares at me without wiping the stupid grin off his face.

"Traditionally, the fiancée is not meant to come dress shopping with his bride-to-be," the shop assistant says as she walks past.

My mouth gapes open as she continues sashaying past and disappears around the corner. Atlas snorts and chuckles to himself.

"I mean, I had a motive, but I can assure you, Dakota, you do not look like a marshmallow. Though marshmallows are nice, and so are you."

I roll my eyes. "You haven't had sex with me yet, you wouldn't know."

"Maybe not, but we've done other stuff, and you're definitely sweet like a marshmallow."

"Shut the fuck up!"

He laughs. "My point is, no, this doesn't suit you. Your boobs are too good for this dress. But you look good in a wedding dress, my Dakota."

"Atlas, did you—did you pick this out on purpose?"

He grins, which means he did.

"We're looking for prom dresses, not wedding dresses!"

"Eh, I just wanted to see you in one, for the future, you know?"

That's done it, and he knows it. When he says stuff like that, I melt. Because though the dress doesn't suit me, the look is good; me in a wedding dress with him beside me. I didn't even correct the assistant when she called him my fiancée, nor did he.

"Fiancée sounds good, too," he points out as if he's reading my mind.

"Are you proposing to me right now?" I ask.

He shrugs. "I don't need to. We both know we're going to get old together, married with a ton of kids around us."

"Then, yes. Hell yes."

He just laughs and undoes the button on the dress for me. "I love you."

"I love you too."

"Don't worry, I'll get you in a wedding dress one day. You'll have to find one that looks good on both you and the floor."

"Atlas!"