| 51 |

ㄒ卄乇 ㄒㄖ爪卂几 ㄒ尺卂丨ㄒㄖ尺

ㄒ卄乇 ㄒㄖ爪卂几 ㄒ尺卂丨ㄒㄖ尺

[The Recruitment]

One month.

It had been one month since the fight between the three deities.

One month since you had kept to yourself, staying inside to avoid the outside world, not wanting to risk the chance of some delinquent recognizing you and running to whoever they worked under.

You had declared that you were done.

Done working with gangs.

Done with all the violence.

Done with the delinquent world in general.

You just wanted to start your normal life that you have always wanted.

A part of you knew that you would never get that dream life, there would always be those lingering stares from those who knew, who had heard what happened to you. There would always be those rumors spreading around, about how you murdered just for the fun of it, that you were a ruthless, bloodthirsty, bitch, that wouldn't hesitate to do whatever it took to get what you wanted.

And you would just have to push all of that away, ignore their looks, pretend that you didn't hear their hushed whispers. All so you could finally live normally.

But the truth was, there was no way for you to live normally, when you didn't even know what normal was.

~

Takemichi stood outside of the pet shop Chifuyu worked at, patiently waiting for the other blonde male to come out to talk. Letting out a heavy sigh, Takemichi replayed what he was going to say to Chifuyu in his head, but the moment the boy walked out of the front door of the pet shop, his mind seemed to go blank. Trying to fish around for his thoughts that he lost, which resulted in him spacing off while staring at Chifuyu who was dressed in his uniform, black apron and a small name tag with the store and Chifuyu's name on it.

"What's up? Tryna pick a fight right after you got discharged?" Chifuyu asked, his eyebrows furrowed in annoyance, staring at Takemichi who seemed to finally remember who the two of them didn't leave off on the best of terms.

"Um... I'm really sorry." Takemichi apologized, hand moving to awkwardly scratch at the back of his head, "I wasn't really myself... Back then. Y'see I was struggling with my own stupidity." He chuckled, glancing up at Chifuyu, hoping that he was able to get some sort of reaction out of the blonde male, but no, he could only see the back of Chifuyu's head as he began to walk back to the pet shop door.