chapt 50 • All My Life

My ears were ringing and my head was spinning, I stood up from the bed and I could hear the faint sound of Alessio calling my name but I was only focused on the photo I now taped together

Adam...

Adam couldn't be my father... he just couldn't...

I couldn't wrap my head around the idea that I had been around my real father this entire time and I didn't even know.

But then it all began to make sense, everything he's ever said and the person he spoke with so much love about... he was talking about my mother and I didn't even realize it.

The butterfly photo he let me have, wasn't painted by a friend he lost, it was painted by my mother, that's why he said she'd want me to have it.

God how could I not figure it out, maybe because I never thought once about Adam possibly being my real father.

Did he know? And if he did how did he feel? And did he ever think about telling me?

My head started to hurt and I can't even stop pacing back and forth, I don't know whether to be angry, sad or just scream right now.

"I need... I need to go" I grab my bag in a hurry and leave Alessio's room, hearing him call my name as soon as I close the door.

My legs move faster than my brain can process, I wanted to walk straight into Adam's office and ask him so much, like if he was ever planning on telling me and how could he not tell me or say anything but he wouldn't be back until tomorrow.

So instead I entered Carter's office without knocking which got me a glare he was prepared to instruct me to leave but I stopped him.

"You give us emergency reasons to return home and I would like to use one now" Right now I probably wasn't thinking clearly but I needed to go home and confront the two people who've lied to me my entire life.

"How long do you plan on staying?" He gets out a document and starts signing random areas.

"I won't be there long, I'll be back sooner than expected" He looks up for a second, then continues to sign and ask me to finish signing.

"I'll call your Grandma and ask her to send a driver to take you to the airport, "You should be expected to be back by tomorrow, the time is up to when you decide you leave" He started dialing numbers before speaking to my Grandma.

"You should start gathering anything you're taking, she'll send a driver for you shortly" He hung up the phone and I walk out of his office.

Then it all hit me at once.

I can't do this.

So I went back to Alessio's room to ask him something that I prepared myself for him to say no to.

"There's a lot I don't understand right now and if I'm alone during all of this... I'm afraid I'll break our promise. I can't do this alone" I was going to need him after I found out the truth.