chapter 3

Camila sat on her chair with tired eyes, her cheek rested against her fist which was propped up by her elbow on the armrest. The professor in the front of the small auditorium was babbling about something she had no interest in. Don't take her wrongly - she loved learning and stuff, but now she was just tired and not quite in the mood for listening. There times when Camila was like that.

The professor was boring anyways and he had this weird beard and a funny way of speaking.

She heaved out a sigh, rolling her eyes to herself as she pulled on her sleeve to check her wristwatch. She still had almost half an hour until the subject ended and she could finally get away from that awfully dry lecture.

Camila hasn't been in the best of moods lately and it was solely because of her encounter with Lauren Jauregui a few days back. Well, not really. Everything stemmed from it though. It was almost as if that one encounter had lead to more unfortunate happenings. Earlier this morning, Camila just poured hot coffee over herself for spacing out. About what? Lauren Jauregui.

It was also irritating because Camila has never been this riled up over a simple matter. Lauren basically just said she was not going to fall into her hands no matter what Camila would do. It wasn't something big like Lauren planning with a syndicate group to murder her loved ones. It was literally just that. And yet here she was, stressing about the thing like it was fatal if she paid no mind to it.

Dinah had even picked up on her weird behavior these past few days. She kept side-eyeing her best friend when they ate meals, just chilling around, or planning stuff for their upcoming presentation Friday next week. That mock hearing they were all assigned to do count for half of their grade for the semester. And although Camila was being participative with her insightful analysis and strategic methods, Dinah still sensed that there was something off about her.

She decided not to pressure Camila about it though. She knew how Camila had a tendency to isolate herself when she's being problematic and if you only pushed her, she would lash out. And Dinah knew you would never want to be the receiving end of that Camila.

She made it a duty to ask Camila at least once a day about what was bothering her, but the girl always brushed it off and said it was nothing. So she just let it slide.

Dinah was watching her best friend in the lecture hall silently. She was seated a few rows down and right to Camila, but if she pivoted her head slightly, she could clearly see what the other was up to.

Now, Camila was just brooding, an intensely unamused expression washing over her face. Dinah knew something was bothering her again; probably the same thing that has been bothering her for days. Broody and grumpy Camila sucked a lot. Even though happy Camila was an annoying little asshole who loved to tease her, when she's gone Dinah misses her a lot.

Camila was just going over how stupid she was for getting worked up over the thing in the first place. She could just let it go; just forget Lauren ever said anything to her. She didn't even like Lauren in that way. Sure, the girl was pretty and she definitely had the body, but Camila wasn't thinking of actually getting with her.

Not that Lauren didn't live up to Camila's standards because the girl broke the meter. But that was not the point, okay. The point was that Camila didn't have to care about what Lauren said.

But she did.

A soft, frustrated groan escaped her lips as she dipped her head down slightly. This was getting harder and more irritating with every second that passed by that she was thinking about this. Camila hated being distracted by things that weren't even relevant. But she was distracted nonetheless and the fact that she was didn't sit well with her.