Chapter 43

This chapter took me a while to write. And this one may have some uncomfortable parts for people so just a heads up

Honah - Lee

Damian was in the batcave at the bat computer. He typing in abs scanning for any traces of Marinette. His eyes were blood shot from staring at the screen for so long. His hair wasn't neatly geled back like it use to be. The necklace around his neck for everyone to see. And a picture of Marinette by the key board. Just then Bruce came down and sighed when he saw the state Damian was in.

"Damian go rest. If your going to find Marinette your going to need your strength." Bruce said as he made his over and pulled the chair that Damian was in away slowly. Turning it he looked at Damian and it made Bruce hurt a little to see his son in this much pain. "Will set the satle lights to go off the moment they find Marinette. And will have every camera in the world send recording of Marinette or Slade. Just go sleep Damian you need it." Bruce to which he got a reluctant and slow nod. Watching Damian make his way up the stairs Bruce turned to the computer. He knew it had only been a week since Marinette was taken but it felt like longer.

Two days later

Damian with the rest of his family were having breakfast. When Damian's phone rang out. Pulling it from his pocket he looked at the caller id and felt his blood boil. He put it on speaker for his family to hear. "What do you want?" Damian demanded his voice shaking in anger.

"My my my is that anyway to talk to your future wife?" Lila said with a seductive tone. When there was no reply she huffed. "Okay listen up if you ever want to see Maribrat again your gonna do as I say." Lila said with a serious look. "And until you do as I say Marinette will be staying with me and my dad. And let's just say it is very life changing." Lila said through the phone.

"What do you want?" Bruce asked seeing how Damian wouldn't answer.

"I want mine and Damian souls to be bound forever by the Lazarus pit. Only after that has happened will I have my father let Marinette go." Lila said with glee. The bat family shared a look Damian ready to murder.

"I. Need. Proof. That. Marinette. Is. Alright." Damian growled as he brought the phone closer to him.

"Don't be so grumpy Damipoo. Once I hung up I'll send you a picture of Marinette." Lila said with a frustration tone. "But if our souls are going to be bound for life you need to forget about her." Lila said before hanging up. They family watched as Damian face turned red as he stared at his phone. They guessed that it was the picture that Lila had sent him that was angering him more. Slamming his phone down he rushes out of the dining room. Dick who was closest to Damian's phone grabbed it looked at the picture then showed the family.

 Dick who was closest to Damian's phone grabbed it looked at the picture then showed the family

"What are we going to do?" Dick asked in a whisper.

"I don't know at this moment. But two things are clear. We can't let Lila get her way and her soul forever bound to Damian's. And we need to rescue Marinette. Who knows what has happened to her so far." Bruce said his eyes never leaving the picture.