Best Gift ever

Prompt: Dream and George were celebrating their anniversary when their adopted child, who was now 2 years old, said something that truly made their day even better.

(Another Parent AU cuz i fucking love it)

No one's POV

"Happy anniversary my love" Dream shook his husband "time to wake up"

George slightly groaned before he was fully awake.

"Happy anniversary to you too" George gave Dream a kiss, which Dream made it into a short makeout session

A few minutes later, George broke the kiss.

"Come on, i prepared breakfast and Clare is probably waiting for us" Dream stood up

George smiled at the thought of seeing their daughter.

"Okay, i'll get changed and i'll meet you downstairs" George replied

Dream walked out of the room to give him some privacy. George quickly got changed and he took his phone from his bedside table before he went downstairs.

He saw Dream entertaining the little girl with some of her toys, while she sat on a high chair.

There were 2 plates of pancakes and 2 glasses filled with juice, placed on the table, for him and Dream. While a pink plastic plate, filled with baby food with a sippy cup filled with water for Clare.

"I hope i'm not interrupting any fun" George spoke

"No, not at all" Dream gave Clare one of her rattles to play with

Dream walked towards George and embraced him.

"I love you so much"

"I love you too"

"I got something for you" Dream exclaimed

"Dream, you shouldn't have" George replied

"But i did" Dream walked past George and into the living room

He came back with a bouquet of flowers and 2 gifts on his hands.

"Where did you hid that?" George asked "also, you didn't have to get me that many gifts"

"Sap delivered it to me while you were asleep and...i wanted to, because today's a special day" Dream smiled and gave him the bouquet

George brought the flowers close to his nose and it smelled like lavender and cinnamon.

"I love it, thank you so much" George gave him a hug and shared a passionate kiss

Dream kissed back. It was like time had stopped and it was just the 2 of them.

But, they were interrupted by a giggle from Clare, who was clapping happily at her parents.

Dream and George smiled at her.

"Oh! I also got you something"

"You shouldn't have" Dream placed the gifts at the table

"I'll be right back" George went upstairs to get what he got for Dream

He came back with a white box.

"Here, i know it's not a lot but that's the only thing i could come up with and-" Dream cut him off

"You know, i'll always appreciate what you got me"

"Okay, here you go" George handed him a medium sized box

"And here you go" Dream handed him a box and a gift bag

George opened his first. The box contained a bottle of perfume and the gift bag contained a sky blue polaroid. Inside were a bunch of tissue paper tassels where some candies and a few accesories were hidden.

"Oh wow" George took the polaroid out of its box and admired it

Dream opened his next. Inside was a customized mug with the words 'Best Husband Ever' designed on it in blue letters. Inside the mug contained a small box with silver earrings for him.

"Do you like it?" George curiously asked

Dream stared at the mug on his hand before he hugged George close.

"Yes...i love it. So damn much" Dream continued "now let's go eat before Patches snatches one of the pancakes"

George giggled before hey both sat down and ate. They took turns in feeding Clare. George even made some train noises when it was his turn to feed her, which made Dream smile.

When their plates are all empty, Dream put it in the dishwasher. Meanwhile, George was trying so hard to get Clare to say her first word while she was playing with her rattle.

"Sweetie, look at me" George clapped his hands to get her attention away from the toy "can you say dada?"

Clare stared at him, not knowing what he was talking about.

"Say dada" George repeated

Dream walked back to the table after he was done.

"Can you say papa?" Dream looked at Clare

"Hey!"

"What?"

Dream and George sometimes made a bet on each other on who Clare would say first. Today was one of those days.

"Hey look at heree" Dream clapped his hands and all of Clare's attention was on him "can you say papa"

"Noo" George interrupted "can you say dada"

Clare was quiet for a bit until...

"Ahmm...mmm...d..." she was babbling

"Yess...say dada" George praised

"D...d..da...dada!" She exclaimed

"Yess! Aaaahhhhh!" George screamed in excitement while Dream sat on a chair, looking defeated

"I'm her favorite! Wooooo!" George cheered

"She said you first doesn't mean you're her favorite" Dream replied

"Hmm, you're just jealous"

"Can you say pa...pa" Dream calmly said to her

"P...pa...papa!" She exclaimed

"Good job!" He carried her onto his hip

"We should take a picture!" George took the polaroid from where he last placed it

He used one hand to lift the polaroid up.

"On the count of 3. 1...2...-"

"I wuv ou" Clare mumbled and smiled the exact moment George snapped a picture

When they both realized what she just said, they were both shocked. But, not in a bad way though.

"Awww" George quickly placed the polaroid on the table, not even caring that the photo already came out "i love you tooo"

George took Clare from Dream's arms and smothered her with kisses on her face, making her giggle.

Dream joined the hug and basically tickled her, making her giggle even more.

"We love you" Dream and George both said, in sync (bb)

"I...i wuv uu" she happily said

George took the photo from the polaroid and put it behind his phone case.

"Best gift ever" he smiled