𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐭𝐡 // 𝐁𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐲 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐬

Your age: 5, 6, 11, 14, then 19.

Summary: literally just fluff

A/n: in this one, you're hotwired to speak Hindi, because Bucky found u in a HYDRA unit stationed in India.
----

Your five-year old self padded down the corridor carefully, making sure not to make a sound. You pushed open Bucky's room door, and clambered into bed next to him. It was a cold winter night, and your room was the coldest in the house. Despite having lived in Shimla for five years, you had a low cold tolerance.

Bucky wordlessly stretched out an arm from under the covers, creating an opening for you to slide in. He blanket-cocooned you carefully and hugged you close, whispering sweet nothings to you for the rest of the night, while you stayed pressed against his side, slowly drifting off to sleep.

--Time Skip--

"Papa..." Said your six-year-old self. You rubbed your eye with a fist and leaned against his metal arm. You were tired of this party Tony was hosting.

"You sleepy, doll?" He whispered, grinning. His breath smelt like whiskey, but only faintly so. He'd drunk only two glasses of very diluted whiskey, knowing he'd have to drive home with you.

You nodded, pouting. He put his arm around you and chuckled, "Another hour left and we'll go. If not earlier." You nodded in reply, not having the energy to speak.

"Go to sleep. I'll carry you to the car." He kissed your head and allowed you to fall asleep, head on his shoulder.

--Time Skip--

"Papa! Look, gilehri! (Squirrel)" 11-year old you exclaimed in excitement. For a year, you'd been kidnapped and held hostage by HYDRA, so it had been a while since you'd seen a squirrel outside your house.

Bucky laughed as he too, looked outside the French windows, to see a little squirrel on the apple tree you adored climbing.

"It's a cute squirrel, doll." He smiled, happy to see that your trauma was beginning to lessen by the week.

The massive dog the pair of you had adopted barked happily, and rested his head on your knee, looking up at you for love. "Why don't you take Leo outside? Run around a bit?" Bucky suggested. "These mission reports are gonna take time."

"Okay!" You smiled, "Come on, Leo!" The massive Bernese Mountain Dog leapt up and followed you outside, chasing you around the backyard, occasionally tackling and wrestling you.

All Bucky could do was smile, as he saw you squealing and laughing, finally showing genuine happiness, after a whole year and six months.

--Time Skip--

You knocked on the door of your dad's room. Your junior prom date stood you up, and you could barely hold in your tears. At fourteen years old, you thought you'd have gotten a boyfriend or girlfriend by now. But you had nothing of the sort.

"What's wrong, doll?" Bucky asked, pulling you in for a hug immediately as he opened the door.

"He stood me up," You sniffed. "That jackass Ben, he stood me up."

Leo lay down on your feet, warming up your bare feet as he whined, sensing your distress.

Bucky then said, "Alexa, play 'Dream a Little Dream' by Pink Martini." He knew it was your favourite song, and offered you a hand to dance.

You laughed and wiped your tears, taking his hand and Leo watched, as the two of you danced together, not a care in the world about stupid jackasses like Ben.