25-Why don't you look at me

Her lips twist into a smirk.

"I don't care whatever it takes! Just Destroy that Bitch!"

I cover my face with my hands...

Don't tell me....

"But Mistress Sophia...That girl...She is the daughter of the Vorsacks! They are black magic users just like us and not to mention their ties with the underworld...! But that's not even the biggest problem..." The man gulps his throat in fear.

"They have the protection of the imperial family, Lady Caroline was once engaged to the crown prince and even now he favours her, She might end up becoming the next Empress!"

"WHAT?"

I hear a familiar voice.

And my heart drops when I see him here.

Standing right in front of the stage is a silver haired man with bright red eyes

It's him.

Eric is here in the Secret chambers of the church...

That means he knows everything that happens here?

I can't take this anymore...

My heart beat increases at an abnormal rate...

My breathing is extremely fast as my whole body feels hot.

I clench my chest tightly, It's like I'm having a panic attack...

"Master Eric What are you doing over here!?" Sophia asks standing up from her seat.

"Sorry for arriving uninformed. I teleported here to avoid suspicions. I recieved your secret letter...What is this about some merchants finding out about this place?" He asks.

Goddamn why do I have to see you here of all places????

"Yes it's true." She explains what happened that day with Laura and me.

So it looks like they are both in this together...

"How could you be careless enough to let merchants get in here?? And even then you're telling me that you, a bunch of holy knights, couldn't stop two merchants from escaping?!!? Are you kidding me!?" He shouts at them.

"No forgive me Master Eric but they cannot be ordinary merchants! They were black mages!" Sophia exclaimed.

"Black mages? Do you know what you are speaking of? We both know that in this empire there is only one family that practices black magic other than us..."

"So that means...they were Vorsacks!!"

"You're realising that now!?" He bites his nails in frustration.

"This is not good...if they inform the imperial family about this, things are going to get out of control! We have to clear this up immediately!" He says.

"You're right..." She agrees and then looking down at the hall full of madness in front of her, she chants a spell...

Suddenly everything comes to a stop.

"It's time to end the holy ceremony now!" She says raising a toast to mark the end of the ceremony.

The priests and the nuns bow down before her like her loyal subjects.

She orders the high priest to clear the whole place up and get rid of any evidence that might raise their suspicions.

I follow Eric and Sophia as they walk out of the basement, trying to figure out their relationship. I try my best to stay calm but the truth is the whole thing makes me feel sick...!

"What was that you were talking about earlier??" He asks.

"About what?" She asks back.

"About Caroline becoming the empress of Rivans" even though he tries to stay calm, his voice wavers.

"Oh that- my men said that she was engaged to the crown prince once and she is still favoured by him. There is a high chance that she might become the future Empress because of the close ties of Vorsacks and the imperial family"

"Wait what...?" He stops in his tracks.

I listen to them quietly from a distance.

"It's not unlikely, even during my stay at Karlos, I've heard of that name Caroline Vorsack. She was trained in black magic since a very young age, her skills are on par with our men. Not only that, I've also heard that she is highly ambitious and intelligent in terms of business too. If I were her, I would aim for the empress title too." Sophia explained

"Then do it. Seduce the crown prince and become the empress"

"Huh? What?" Sophia looks very surprised.

"You said that you can brainwash people using your body right? Then do it to the crown prince, and remove him away from our way." He says calmly.

I gulp down a lump in my throat as I listen to them, knowing very well this is heading...

"Becoming the empress..." Sophia looks confused.

"Yes, your goal is to bring back the elf rule over this world, right? You have already destroyed the powerful empire of Karlos with the plague and taken control of the holy church in Rivans...Now if you become the empress, you will easily gain control over the entire empire and it would only be a matter of time until the Vorsacks are destroyed." He smirks.

Oh my god...

Dread and panic fill my stomach...

So this is the terrifying game you have been playing all along?

"But master Eric is it really necessary to do all this? I mean we could just join forces and rule this world together! You and I are both superior beings who deserves to stand above this world and control everyone!" She says with a sadistic smile.

"I have no interest in such things. All I wish is to be with her...But right now she... Caroline only pushes me away no matter how much I try! But I can't bear it! I can't bear her looking away from me like this!" He says. His face looks mad with anger and jealousy.

"Yes it must be their fault...It's because of all those people surrounding her! If only I could kill everyone around her...then she would have no choice but to only look at me!"

Crazy... he's really crazy!

He walks out of the basement leaving Sophia alone.

Her face is covered in a strange darkness....

"But why don't you look at me...?"

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

Read more chapters on my patreon

Link in my bio💖

Thanks!