Chapter Forty-Nine: The Interview: Taehyung

*******Kit's POV*******

"Kris!" I yelled down the hallway. "Have you seen my keys? I'm already late for my interview!"

Kris came out of her bedroom and walked towards where I was frantically looking around the living room of the condo that she and I were the only ones still staying in. Mandy and Mairette had taken up permanent residence with their soulmates. And...Actually, most nights, it was just me, because Kris stayed with Jin.

"You haven't left yet?" She asked me. "I went to wake you up a while ago, since you're always late for everything. You weren't in bed, so I assumed you had left early for your interview."

"No. I woke up in the fucking garden again," I told her, rolling my eyes. "What in the hell is that about?"

"Was uhh...?"

"Yeah. Tae was there, too," I answered the question she didn't finish. "And we still haven't said anything to each other. We just wake up and walk back to our respective abodes."

"That's so weird," she told me. "I mean...I know that you already know that. But what is that all about?"

"I don't know what it's about, but there is something that I haven't told you..."

"Is this like a brain tumor thing?" she asked me. "Is that why you and Tae are both acting weird?"

I dropped the couch cushion that I was looking under and turned to stare at her.

"You think that Tae and I have matching brain tumors that are making us both do the same weird shit?"

She rolled her eyes at me. "I didn't say 'matching.' But you are both acting weird. He came over to Jin's yesterday, and he couldn't even look me in the eye. What's that about?"

I closed my eyes and sighed, then looked at her. "Maybe he's embarrassed because he did unmentionable things to one of your best friends after the cast party."

Kris dropped the TV remote, making it burst open on the floor and causing one of the batteries to roll under the couch.

"Shut. Up. You and Taehyung?" she asked me.

I nodded my head and went back to looking for my keys.

"You've been holding out on me!" she said, walking over to where I was. "Spill, please."

"I don't have time! I'm already late!"

She shrugged at me. "So? What else is new?"

I rolled my eyes at her. "Fine. Tae and I got drunk and slept together. Happy? Now can you please find my keys."

Kris walked over to the hook by the door and pulled my keys off of it, tossing them to me.

"Here. But when you get back, you owe me details."

"You knew where they were this whole time?" I asked her. "Are you fucking kidding me?"

"No, you crazy biscuit," she said with a laugh. "I just now looked over and saw them on the hook. But really...that should have been the first place that you looked."

"You know what?" I said as I put my shoes on by the door. "You're lucky that I love you so much. Because sometimes...I really want to toss you through a window."

She was still laughing at me as I slammed the door behind me and ran towards the condo where the interviews were being held. Well....ran isn't really the right word. But I uhh...rushed. I did a decent enough speed walk that it could rival my elementary gym teacher in the hallways after school. Once I got there, I let myself in like we're supposed to and walked down the hallway while shooting Mairette and Mandy a quick text to tell them not to listen to anything Kris says. She might be telling them the truth, but she might also embellish it a little, and I wanted them to hear it from me.