Responsibility (Haechan)

"What?" Haechan's voice was barely above a whisper. He was sure he'd misheard.

"I'm pregnant," Y/N repeated. He wanted to believe that his girlfriend was pranking him but with the unshed tears in her eyes and pale face, it was becoming difficult to do so.

"That's not what we..." he left the rest of the sentence unsaid.

"Yeah, but that's what happened!" She raised her voice at him, frustrated at his denial. That tear she was trying to hold in finally slid down her cheek. This time though, Haechan did not wipe it away like he always did when she cried and no soothing words came from him. 

"It's fine, it's fine." It seemed like he was trying to reassure himself. "We'll just go to a hospital-" he took her hand, pulling her along- "and get this... taken care of."

Y/N stopped walking, making Haechan pause. "What?" She narrowed her eyes at him. "Are you telling me to get rid of it?"

He raised his arms in exasperation. "What other choice do we have?! I have my career and you'll graduate this year. Do you really want to attend the rest of the semester with a pregnant belly? Come on!"

Y/N's hand twitched, she wanted to slap him. "Haechan," she said calmly, a stark contrast to what she was feeling. "You've got your career. And you'll always have your career to worry about. But what does that mean for us? We'll never get married? We'll never have children?" She seethed. "We've been together for four years now. Tell me honestly, do you see our future together or not?"

"Y/N, calm down. You're blowing this way out of proportion," he placed his hands on her shoulders. "We're talking about a child here. It's not a decision you make in the spur of the moment."

"I've been thinking about it for years, Haechan." She pushed his hands away. "I'm having this baby, if you don't want it then stay out of my way." She started to walk away.

Haechan followed her. "Y/N wait," he held her wrist. "You're too angry right now. You're not thinking straight. Let's have this conversation again when you've calmed down."

She pulled her wrist out of his grasp. "Don't follow me out." She left his house.

The next morning, Y/N felt worse than last night. She had already thrown up the meagre breakfast she had managed to eat because of the morning sickness. She had to eat something, even if it meant forcing herself. She had to take care of herself and the baby from now on.

When she'd told her mother, her reaction had been the same as Haechan's, only involving a lot of tears. Y/N felt teary now, when did she get so alone? She quickly dismissed her dark thoughts and concentrated on slicing the apples. She was putting the slices in the juicer when the doorbell rang. 

She went to get the door, she was five paces away from it, but it opened and Haechan stepped in. Y/N huffed out a breath. "Why bother ringing the bell when you were going to barge in?" She placed her hands on her hips.

He pointed his thumb over his shoulder toward the door, "you haven't changed the passcode," he said, ignoring her question.

"Why are you here?"

Held up a white paper bag, "to give you this." Y/N was curious enough about the contents of the bag to not reproach him for making his way into the living room and sitting on the rug. She stood close enough to him but did not sit down.

He first took out a small plastic bottle from the bag. "These are folic acid tablets," he set the bottle on the table. "I was doing some research last night and apparently folic acid is very important in pregnancy, especially in the first trimester." He then set a bigger bottle next to the small one. "And these are multivitamins. I didn't know what else to get," he shrugged. "If you need anything else you can text me when I visit tomorrow."

Y/N didn't reply. She was only staring at him. What did he think he was doing acting all casual, as if whatever transpired last night could so easily be forgotten. Haechan met her stare for a few seconds then had the decency to look away. He stood up and faced Y/N. "I'm sorry," he breathed. "I shouldn't have said all those things yesterday. I-I panicked when you told me but that does not excuse me for acting like a douche."

Tears blurred Y/N's vision. And as the first tear rolled down her cheek, Haechan embraced her and she let him. He slid his palm up and down her back and kissed the top of her head. "What made you change your mind?" She asked, her voice a little muffled by Haechan's shirt.

"I thought about it-" he placed his chin on her head -"and I realized that regardless of whether or not I want the baby, it's my responsibility as well. And I'm going to be here, whenever you need me, okay?" She nodded. "So, forgive me?" She nodded again.

Haechan looked towards the kitchen, "did you have breakfast?"

"I did before I vomited it."

Haechan pulled back just enough to look at her, "let me make you some," he smiled.

Y/N let him go into the kitchen while she picked up the supplement bottles. She smiled looking at them, a real smile.

xxx

Shoutout to @NANA_in_da_housa for requesting this! Hope y'all enjoyed it.