Ice

Chapter 10

Earlier...

Ice had always been a calming presence to everyone around him.

Especially to someone as volatile as Blaze.

"Blaze. Please talk to me."

Blaze shifted uncomfortably on his seat. They were currently heading to the planet where MudBot was.

(Memnon Planet. Ice reminded himself. To memorize the mission's details in just a few hours was a little difficult. Mud Planet definitely sounded better.)

"What do you even want to talk about?" Blaze glared at him, "We're here on a mission. Not to some retreat where we have to pour our heart out."

"I thought you..." Ice trailed off, he tried not to let the hurt leak into his tone, "...okay."

Blaze crossed his arms, looking even more uncomfortable. Ice did not mind this and leaned back against his own seat.

He had thought that his brother was ready to speak to him. Was he wrong?

Ice just wanted to clear things up between him and Blaze as soon as possible. He just wanted this weird barrier between them to disappear and be done with it.

He just wanted his old brother back.

The one who wasn't afraid to speak his mind out. The one who exploded over every little thing but eventually apologize for taking things too far. The one whom Ice can read like and open book.

This person next to him was definitely Blaze.

But at the same time.

He wasn't.

"You're still angry with me."

Blaze froze and turned to him with wide eyes, "What?"

"You are. Aren't you?"

"I... don't know."

This won't do.

For the first time in who knows how long, Ice could feel that fury that his brother was always used to.

"Why won't you help me understand?" Ice never shouted, so his tone was even and calm.

But the icy edges definitely did not go unnoticed.

"I have. But it's obvious you guys won't, so I'd rather not waste my time and energy over something so silly." Blaze bristled, his own anger starting to rise.

This was the reason why Ice rarely got angry at his brother. Whenever they get caught in an argument, Ice tried to remain calm and passive to let Blaze express himself since the root to all their fights usually stemmed from misunderstandings and Blaze's inability to properly communicate when his done something out of line.

But apparently, Blaze was unwilling to do any of that and this was definitely throwing Ice off the loop.

Which frustrated him as he can't help but think that maybe... Blaze really didn't care if their relationship were to fall apart right in front of him.

"You only talked to Solar about it." Ice corrected him sharply, "You only told me some things that made me look like the crappy brother between us. Something that I haven't even done!"

"Yet!" Blaze pointed out as if he was making a valid point. Which Ice honestly didn't see.

"You're being unfair." Ice frowned, "I tried to be patient with you. But I think this is pushing it."

"Then don't! No one asked you to be!"

"Fine."

"FINE!"