Chapter 24

After crying for around twenty minutes in Kazuha's arms, you fell asleep. Probably from the shock and fear, the late hour, the exhaustion from the afternoon, or most likely from all the three.

Scaramouche got your phone, purse and carried you on the back seats of his car, parked just on the other side of the street, while Kazuha went to the groceries store to get you water and the vegetables all this happened for. When the latter came back, you were resting your head on Scaramouche's lap, with him playing with your hair and looking at you with a worried and sorry expression.

"Are you thinking about how he reacted?" the white-haired boy whispered, getting on the driving seat and leaving the door open, one leg swinging out.

"Yeah..."

"Do you have any idea, who could it be?"

"No... It could be anyone, I don't trust no one"

"Are you just going to ask around then?"

"I don't think I can do that" Scaramouche let out a low grunt, leaning back and hiding his face in his hands "Ugh, I'm so stupid, how could I not figure it out sooner?! You have no idea how much I hate myself right now"

"It's not your fault, you know that"

"But if only I-"

"No buts, what's done it's done. Just try to fix it. Everything will go well. And if you need my help, you know you can always count on me"

"Yeah. Thank you"

They were whispering, but you still woke up. Scaramouche didn't think you would, and you being in that position was embarrassing enough to make his ears go all red.

"Mh, guys?" you mumbled while seating up and rubbing your puffy eyes. You noticed you were in a car, presumably Scaramouche's, with your two friends facing each other like they were talking up until that very moment. You didn't remember getting into the car, but you just assumed they carried you inside, to let you rest for a while. Both the windows of the back seats were all the way down, and with the driver door open they created a nice wind current. The fresh hair helped you wake up fully, and moved your hair slightly, making you notice you had some tucked behind your ear.

"Yes?" Kazuha handed you a bottle of water after opening it, like he did at the mall during launch since you weren't able to.

"Thank you. I will never be able to thank you enough, but really, thank you, with all of my heart, all of my soul, I owe you a really really really big one, and-"

"Y/n" Scaramouche placed a hand on your hand and started rubbing his thumb in delicate motions on your soft skin, snapping you out your thoughts and getting your attention. "Friends are meant to be there for each other, to share good things and memorable times, and not. I know what you're thinking, stop. Now, let's get you back home, Kazuha bought what you needed"

"Mh... thank you. I want to forget this. And... don't worry Scara, you went a little too far but, exactly because I want to forget everything, I don't want to sue him so you don't need to worry about being sued back, unless he does it first..." you took a small shaking breath and reasumed "Do you guys think I should...? Am I being a coward?"

"No, not at all, dear Y/n." Kazuha was giving you one of those warming smiles of his, and you couldn't help but smile back. That boy did amazing things for you only by existing, you could never express how grateful you were to him to just smile at you like that from time to time and talk with that soothing voice. "It's normal to want to forget, like it was a bad dream, a nightmare. Please, don't ever feel like you're the one to blame. Plus, I think Scara scared him more than how much a court could ever do, I don't think he will ever try to do anything remotely similar"