197: They're here... (1)

Chapter 197: They're here... (1)

Later that day, Yue had taken Kimi as her personal disciple, much to the latter's amusement and Neji's shock.

After that the vampire confessed to Neji about her lack of teacher qualities and suggested that he recruited the master of the Magic Tower, instead.

'If she can't teach them properly, even if she's super strong, things are meaningless. I guess I do need a better teacher.'

Though that only made it more confusing as to why she took Kimi as her disciple.

When asked why, she answered with slight fascination in her tone.

"To learn magic, teachers aren't always required. Look at ancient dragons for example. They are so talented that they catch on any spell just by seeing it used once, they don't need to be taught. This cat-woman's talent far surpasses evendragons, she just needs someone to show her what magic to cast, not how to cast them. I am skilled enough to be able to do that, at least."

Neji was surprised yet again. Was Kimi really that good? How?

He soon realised the "how" part when Yue asked if Kimi was artificially created or not.

'Of course, she's a copy of Nawab, that strange otherworldly woman.'

Neji still didn't know what Nawab was, to this day. Her Regression quirk, it shouldn't belong to a world like MHA. She might have had more to her origin than what met the eyes.

Whatever the case, she was gone, though still alive in some corner of the omniverse.

This meant Nawab was either- A natural born magic genius, or she managed to change her body in a way to become a genius, either aware or unaware. So, when Kimi was cloned from her body, she inherited Nawab's magic constitution.

Neji gave Yue a brief of this story, which made the vampire nod her head in understanding.

"So, who's the magic tower Master? You seem to trust this person's teaching capabilities a lot."

"She..." Yue trailed off, looking into his eyes. "She's someone like me, someone from outside this dimension. But unlike me, she didn't come when the outer Gods attacked. She allegedly tried to escape from her dimension to run from her father, and ended up here, now unable to leave. Also she's pretty good with dimensional magic, it's better to show her that coupon you received as a loot instead of me."

"Oh?"

That's interesting. Who was this new fatherless girl?

By now, Neji had heard a summary of when, how, and why Yue was in this dimension. So he knew she was the real deal, not a look-a-like. Then perhaps whoever this magical girl was, she may be someone he knew too?

Speaking of Yue's summary though, he also listened to her in-depth story of the "Outer Gods". Fortunately, they weren't the Lovecraft Outer Gods that Neji feared. People just referred to them as Outer Gods because they were Gods from outside this dimension. From her story, it seemed they were trying to conquer this dimension before they were ultimately forced to flee.

It also seemed that there was land outside of this continent, so this planet must be quite larger than Earth since this continent alone had more landmass than Earth, almost twice. Though when Neji tried to go around the planet by flight, he failed to do so after moving a few kilometres outside the sea.

A message had greeted him.

[The next region is yet to be unlocked. You have to visit another "Tower" to access that region.]