2

"Julia, I told you to hurry!" Mom said as she handed Juniper off to me. "You didn't feed your kids so I had to get them food." I said blandly.

"They eat at school." She said as I rocked Juniper. "They need to eat before school too, mom. They're growing kids." I grumbled as she sighed.

"Right. Well I have to go. I'll be back in time for you to go to work." She said and grabbed her back.

"When is dad coming back?" I asked as she shrugged. "No idea." Mom said then left.

I sighed then looked down at at the baby on my hip.

"Guess it's just you and me. Mind if we take a nap?" I asked as she blinked at me. "Juya." She said causing me to smile.

She was just starting to talk so she could only say a couple of things and her pronunciation wasn't the best.

"Yeah, Julia." I said then kissed her cheek and went to go up to my room. I knew there was a low chance she would let me actually sleep but I had been up all night so I had to at least try.

"Okay, Juniper bug. Let's just try to let sissy sleep." I whispered and laid down, holding her on my chest.

She looked at me with heavy eyes as I scratched her back. I quietly started singing you are my sunshine until she drifted off to sleep.

"Love you, kid." I whispered then closed my eyes, letting myself drift off.

I don't know how long I was out before Juniper started crying and fussing. "Oh." I grunted and say up, holding her in my arms.

"You hungry, kid?" I asked as she looked at me with dewey eyes. "Food." She said as I grinned. "Alright, food." I said with a smile then got up.

I looked at the clock, seeing that it read 2pm. Not a bad nap at all.

"We gotta eat quick because we have to pick up your brothers and sister." I said and went into the kitchen to make her a little snack.

I quickly mashed up some bananas and grabbed some applesauce then put Juniper in her high chair.

"Alright, love. Eat up." I said and caressed her cheek gently before turning to do the dishes in the sink.

I was still exhausted since I only got a couple hours in for sleep so I decided to make myself a cup of coffee.

I knew I wouldn't be able to have another opportunity to sleep before going to work so I had to do what I could.

Once my coffee was done I sat down with Juniper and watched her eat. I was grateful that she was a good baby because if she wasn't then I would be ten times more tired and flustered.

"Let's get you changed then we can pick up our siblings." I said then cleaned her up.

"Ready?" I asked as Juniper giggled. "Let's go." I said then grabbed her stroller and got her set up.

Since mom had the car, I had to walk to the school to pick the kids up, but I didn't mind the exercise. 

The school was about a mile away so it was about a twenty minute walk.

Juniper luckily fell asleep on the way so I didn't have to worry about her. I was however worried about my surroundings.

I usually didn't mind walking and I felt safe in my town but after last nights events, I was feeling uneasy.

It was probably just a weird accident but I couldn't get the image out of my head.

I couldn't focus too much on that though because I wanted to stay as present as possible.