Chapter 13 Part 2: The First Day

3rd POV

  The two humans had just arrived at the principal's office.

  "Alright Luz, remember, just remain calm." (Y/n) says as she aproched the door.

  Luz scoffs, "calm is my middle name."

  (Y/n) raised an eyebrow, "sure." (Y/n) then opens the door.

  "Hiya, Princy-B! Can I call you that?" Luz says as she sauntered into the room.

  Principal Bump has a deadpan expression. "Absolutely not. Now, today we'll be visited by the Emperor's Coven for a routine inspection. If we want to impress them, you'll need to join a coven track before they arrive."

  "Actually, Principal Bump, I've made my own schedule." Luz then unfurls a scroll, "first, Vet Care for Mythical Beasts, then Healing and Dealing, and then after lunch-"

  Principal Bump laughs, "studying multiple tracks at once? No one does that."

  "Then we'll be the first," (Y/n) says proudly.

  Principal Bump frowns, "no, you won't." Principal Bump holds up rule book with Emperor's Coven logo on it. "According to the rules, a good witch needs to hocus-focus. You can only pick one of the nine tracks. And you do not want to embarrass me in front of the inspector."

  It was now Luz's turn to frown, "but all the tracks are so cool! Is there some sort of enchanted article of clothing that could sort this out for us?"

  "Well, there used to be, but..." Principal Bump stare off a bit as he remembers the event that transpired with the Choosy Hat. After a bit, he shudders

  "I don't know if I can choose just one," Luz says disappointingly.

  "Yeah, me neither," (Y/n) agreed.

  "Then I'll choose one for you," Principal Bump started to point to the track banners. "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe! Ah, yes! The Potions track. You humans are filled with liquids, right?" Principal Bump casts a spell that changes the tunic and cowl of Luz's and (Y/n)'s uniform to the standard greys and the sleeves and leggings to yellow.

  Luz looks at her outfit, "Oh, I guess I have always liked pouring things into other things."

  I expect you two to be on your best behavior," Principal Bump then looks at a corkboard of with pictures of the results of Luz's previous visits to Hexside on it. "Based on the costly repairs from recent incidents, we could really use a donation from the Emperor's Coven. Now, off to class."

  He floats the two humans through the door.

  "... That went well," (Y/n) says sarcastically.

☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*゚☆゚.*・。゚

  The two have entered Potions 101.

  The Potions Teacher smiles to the class, "welcome to a new semester! Let's get stirring! Today we'll make... fog brews," they then smashes bottle on the floor. It pops up in front of their desk. "Begin!"

  "See, potions are fun!" Luz says as (Y/n) pours test tube into her cauldron. "You could spend the rest of your life studying this, right?"

  (Y/n) hums as she internally disagrees, but she knows that deep down that Luz was only saying that. She shook her head before pouring her test tube into her assigned cauldron.

  Something explodes outside that catches Luz's attention. She looks out the window to see Willow and Selene are facing off as wind blows. Selene grabs a crystal ball, out of which pops a mummy-like ghost.