Chpt 12: The Demogorgon

(Minor Tw: This chpt contains the scene when Nancy and Johnathan have to cut their hand to attract demogorgan)

El and i walked into the hall of the school to see everyone standing around the kiddie pool. She looked at me nervously. "Bitchin" i mouthed with a wink. Eleven took a deep breath as she walked over to them.

When she got into the pool and put on the googles, the lights began go flicker once again. "Barbra?" Eleven mumbled. Nancy sat up quickly.

"Is Barb okay?! Is she okay?!" Nancy exclaimed. "Gone, gone... Gone!" Eleven shouted. I looked to see Nancy face slowly drop. I grabbed her hand to try and comfort her.

"I'm so sorry" i mouthed. Nancy put her head in her hands so no one would see her cry. "Will?" Eleven mumbled.

Joyce gasped in relief. "You tell him... I'm coming... Tell him Mom is coming and to just hold on a little longer!" Joyce exclaimed.

"Hurry" Will said as his voice echoed through the walkie talkie. My mouth fell open to hear he was still alive. I looked at Hopper who gave me a reassuring nod.

Suddenly, the walkie talkie began to make a high pitched noise. Eleven shot up as she gasped for air. She quickly took off the goggles as she grabbed my arm.

"Woah! Hey your fine... Your fine" i said. She held onto my arm as she quietly sobbed. "You did so good" i mumbled.

I usually wasn't this nice to people but this girl has obviously been through a lot. We stayed like that for a while.

Once she finally let go of my arm, Dustin grabbed her a towel and they all sat down on the bench. I smiled at the sight of them.

I looked around to try and find my dad but he was gone. I ran outside and saw him getting into his truck. "Your leaving now? Let me come, i can help" i said.

"Get back inside kid" he said. I scoffed. "No, are you joking!?" i exclaimed. I ran over to the truck and tried to open the door. When i pulled the handle it was locked.

"Dad... Open the door" i said. I tried to pull the handle again but it was still locked. "Kid, if something happens to me... You stay with Joyce" he said.

"That's bullshit! Are you serious!" i shouted. Joyce came over and tried to get in the car. "What are you doing?!" Hopper exclaimed. "I'm coming!" Joyce replied. "No... Your not" Hopper said.

"If i don't make it back i need someone to look after Joy!" he said. "Then i'll go you stay. He's my son Hop. My son!" Joyce exclaimed. Hopper bit his tongue in frustration. I heard the door unlock as Joyce hopped into the car.

I smirked as i looked at Hopper. "Bambi, look after the kids. Do you hear me? Stay here and make sure they're safe." I shook my head in anger.

"Fine... But please, don't be stupid" i said. Hopper nodded and gave a sad smile. I watched as they both drove off.

As i walked back into the school, i saw Nancy sitting on the floor, leaning her head against the wall. Her eyes were puffy and red. I was going to walk past her and head back into the hall but a wave of guilt came over me.

I closed my eyes and sighed in frustration at myself. I slowly made my way over as i sat next to her. We both sat in silence. "Do you have a key to the station?" she asked.

"No... But i know a way in. Why?" "Your dad and Joyce are just walking in there like bait. That thing is still in there. And we can't just sit here and let it get them too. We need to help them. I couldn't help Barb... You couldn't help your friend... We can help them" Nancy said.

I felt like someone had just punched me in the gut. But she wasn't wrong. I had felt this guilt weighing on my shoulders about Liz for two years. I was 15 and stupid. Now i'm 17... And i'm not stupid.