Chapter 25

Memories

Memories

I WAS NO LONGER BEDRIDDEN, and every piece of work had piled up. I guess they have no mercy for bosses placed in comas. So I sat on the hardwood desk signing off trades and reading reports. 

"We have to talk" Roman walked into the room as I reviewed one of the last reports on my computer. 

"What about?" I didn't look up from the computer so he forcedly shut it in front of me. 

"Look at me when I'm speaking to you" He spoke in the husky voice that turned me on. 

"What's wrong?" I look at him confused and he pulls out his phone and plays a voicemail. 

Roman, you need to come back! Your father found out-   

Leona's voice cuts off as yelling booms in the background and cries go through the phone and give me goosebumps. I nearly launch out of my chair. 

"What the hell?" I exclaim.  

"I need to go back" He speaks looking at me with hopeful eyes. 

"Well, what are you standing there for? Let's go!" I stand and grab my stuff before he stops me. 

"No, you have to stay here. You have your empire to run now, you can't just leave. I'm not going to ask you to leave" 

"Roman. I would leave all of this collapsing into dust for you, we are going together. So let's go" I grabbed his hand and placed my phone to my ear. 

"Hello? I need my jet and a pilot on the tarmac as fast as possible. Urgently" I hung up and we went into our room to collect necessities. 

I spent the drive to the airport hoping nothing terrible had happened since Roman's father could be unpredictable at times. Especially since finding out that his cheating wife was alive and held so much power. 

The jet sped through the air and we arrived pretty quickly at the mansion, where everything was silent. 

"Did they drug him or something? It's awfully quiet" Alex spoke as he exited the separate car he'd come in with Nayomi. 

Roman entered the key into the door when it swung open and Leona with crazy-looking eyes appeared. 

"Take this man away from me! He's crazy!" She swung her arms up in the air as Marco limped behind her. 

"Says the woman who cheated on her loving husband!" 

"You never loved me and you know it!" She yelled back and they went back and forth.

"Maybe not" Alex whispered quietly as the screams continued.  

"ENOUGH!" Roman yelled stopping the annoying voices that began to hurt my head stopped. Then they turned to me. Well, one of them turned to me but only because I latched onto Roman's arm when he began to rub his head furiously.