08 | post-elevator plans

CHAPTER EIGHT
post-elevator plans

CHAPTER EIGHTpost-elevator plans

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*・✧

The group hurtled dangerously fast towards the ground.

Erica and Dustin were screaming on the top of their lungs, overpowering anything anyone said.

Azalea finally got Steve to move away from the panel of buttons, as he was more worried about his life at the moment.

She frantically tried every button on the panel, but had the same results as Dustin and Steve.

The the elevator rocked and shook incessantly, Dustin hugged Azalea's middle for support and out of pure fear.

He kept repeating, "Shit! Shit!"

"We're going down! We're going down!" Steve cried out, holding into the metal table for dear life.

Robin was hanging onto one of the shelves of boxes, knees nearly buckling, "Yeah, no shit, Harrington!"

"Why don't these buttons work?!" Azalea yelled to the group, fingers tingling with adrenaline.

"Press the button!" Erica yelled at her, pushing her off the panel.

Azalea stumbled backwards, "What do you think I was doing?"

Dustin then pulled himself off Azalea's waist, joining Erica at the panel, "Come on, press something! Just press the button!"

The force combined with the unsteadiness of their descent caused Azalea to fall backwards, knocking into Robin.

Robin quickly reached out to her and held her arm, steadying her. But as Azalea finally got her bearings, she and everyone else collapsed to the floor, gravity knocking the wind out of them, the elevator colliding with the ground.

"Oh! My groin!" Steve called out, writhing in pain, under a box, "It fell on my groin. Dustin! Get this off of me!"

Azalea peeled herself off the metal floor, her lower back aching from taking the brunt of the blow. Wincing, she turned to everyone else to see how they were doing.

Erica and Dustin seemed totally unharmed, and were helping Steve off the ground.

Robin was holding her head in pain. Azalea gingerly reached out to her, "You alright?"

"It's just a bump," She said softly, "You?"

"Fine. I'm fine," Azalea breathed.

Robin then called out to the rest, "Is everyone okay?"

"Yeah, I'm great, now that I know that Russians can't design elevators!" Steve yelped angrily, rushing over to the panel of buttons. He took his anger out on the buttons, randomly slamming every one of them.