Chpt 13: Be My Baby

"Nancy shoot it!" i exclaimed. Nancy began shooting at it but it didn't phase the beast.

The demogorgan began waking towards me as i tried to find something, anything to protect myself with. I found myself backed up against the wall. A soft cry escaped me as i close my eyes tightly.

I waited for the creature to come closer and kill me until someone jumped in front of me. I opened my eyes to see Steve hitting the demogorgan with the bat i had made.

"Steve" i mumbled in relief. He began swinging the bat into the creature and backed him up into the bear trap we set up.

"He's in the trap!" Steve shouted. The demogorgan tried to get out of the bear trap that was locked around it's leg but couldn't. Johnathan ran over and threw the lighter over to him.

The whole hallway began to light on fire due to the gasoline. The creature shrieked in pain. We all watched as the demogorgan struggled to escape the flames.

"Get back!" Johnathan shouted as he grabbed the fire extinguisher and began to put the fire out. We all coughed as the smoke filled up the house.

When the smoke had cleared and we looked at the trap, the demogorgan was gone. It was like it disappeared into thin air. All that was left was some flesh in the trap.

As i began to catch my breath, i looked down to see i was grabbing onto Steve's hand for dear life. I looked back up to see him staring at me as he panted for air.

As tears were still falling from my eyes, i jumped up and pulled him into an embrace. For a moment i had forgotten about everything, i just needed some comfort. And i needed it from him.

Steve hugged me back tightly. "Thank you" i mumbled into his shoulder. When my adrenaline finally began to go down, i let him go. Steve then turned around and embraced Nancy as he kissed her forehead.

I had almost forgotten they were together. I felt guilty i had hugged him for so long. I also felt guilty because a hint of jealousy came over me as i saw them together.

"Are you okay?" Johnathan asked, snapping me out of my trance. "Me? Oh... Yeah i'm fine" i said wiping my eyes with my sleeve.

I then saw Johnathan staring at Steve and Nancy. "Are you okay?" i asked. He looked at me and gave me a sad and weakened smile. "I'm fine."

After everything that had happened, we all went back inside. Johnathan sat anxiously on the couch as Nancy tried to comfort him.

I was sitting on the front porch having my last cigarette. I was hoping to see the street light flicker again so i'd know my dad was safe.

As i shivered due to the cold, winter breeze, i heard the door open behind me. I didn't have to look. I already knew who it was.

Steve sat awkwardly next to me. "So..." he said. "So..." i replied. "I think Nancy's caught me up on what's been going on. Not sure i understand everything but... I know" he said. I nodded my head as i put the cigarette up to my mouth.

"Joy... You have to know how sorry i am. I was mad and not thinking straight, and i know that isn't an excuse for anything but... Look, your cool. Like, really cool. And i like hanging out with you" he said.