17. Fights

Bokuto watched as the twins ran around and played, smiling. He looked over and Sara was messing with her hands, something Akaashi often did when he was thinking. Bokuto tapped her arm. "Hey sweetie, what's wrong?"

Sara looked up and made grabby hands. Bokuto lifted her into his arms. Sara laid against him, her eyes stuck on Akaashi looking over paperwork in the corner. Satoru was with him, glaring at Bokuto. Bokuto just waved.

"You tired?"

"Lil bit."

Bokuto hummed. "You guys get a nap soon, don't worry."

Sara nodded. Akaashi looked up and stretched. He sighed and Satoru looked over. "Are you done now?"

"Yes."

"Good. We need to talk."

Akaashi shook his head. "No. We don't need to talk. You are only here because of my father."

Bokuto frowned. Something about that was unnerving. "Keiji?"

Akaashi looked over. "What?"

"Why don't you go talk with him? I've got the girls."

Akaashi got up, glaring at Bokuto. Bokuto sighed. That was going to wait. Sara started to hunker down as Satoru got closer and Bokuto looked down.

"Relax, relax. You're okay there little miss."

Satoru left and Sara relaxed again. Also something unnerving. What was going on? First Akaashi denied affection towards one of his sisters. Then, he interrupted his father and Bokuto. He'd even flipped Satoru onto the floor. Bokuto had not at all taught him how to push properly so that he could pick on anyone.

It didn't matter that he didn't like Satoru, he was being a jerk. Plain and simple.

Bokuto put the girls to bed and noticed Amaya roaming around.

"Hey! Hey! Hey!"

Amaya startled. "Hi? Where's Keiji?"

"Talking with Satoru. Also, I have some questions."

Amaya shrugged. "Ask away."

"Has Keiji been in like a bad mood recently?"

Amaya nodded. "You noticed that too?"

"Yeah. He's never acted like that before. I don't want to be around that negative energy if he's dealing it out. What even happened at breakfast today? That was uncalled for."

"As we warned, Keiji has a temper. He rarely gets mad but when he does it boils."

Bokuto paused. "When did this start?"

"The first time father found him a suitor. Around the same time he was starting to get hit."

Bokuto's heart sank. "Amaya, that's not normal. What he is doing is not normal."

"I know. He is extremely similar to my father. He builds his anger until it gets out of control. He broke a window once by hitting it in frustration. I would have warned you sooner but nothing was happening quite yet."

Bokuto looked around. "Can you lead me to his room? This place is huge."

"Of course." Amaya led him there and both of them stared at the door in worry. There was a crash and Bokuto opened the door. Satoru had Akaashi on the ground, holding him by his hair.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! Hands off! What are you doing?!"

Akaashi looked away. Satoru eased up. "That is the last time he raises his voice at me."