chapter twenty-two.

⋆ ★ ALREADY GONE ━━━CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO 

( TIME STOPS EVENTUALLY ) , time has come today.

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

     JAMIE FOUND IT HARD TO LIVE IN HER HOUSE AFTER IZZIE QUIT BEING A SURGEON. The blonde never left the bathroom floor and all it reminded Jamie of was the pain of what she had caused as well as the departure of Ross. The interns were constantly at her house trying to get the female up, but she wouldn't budge.

     But most of all, it reminded Jamie of Denny and the promise that he made her and broke. 

     "I want you to get better too, just don't do anything stupid, alright?" She had said to him. Man, if Denny was still alive, Jamie would have killed him herself. 

     Coming home from the prom, alone, she had actually found a note taped to her door. It was from the beloved intern that was now gone. It made her cry knowing that one of the people that she had grown so close to (she hadn't admitted it before) was gone and not coming back.

     " Dear, Dr. Grey,

          I know this is last minute and you're probably reading this and thinking what the hell is wrong with me, but I actually think that this is for the best. What went down today, I can't forgive, and I know it's not anyone's fault but Stevens, but I just couldn't stay there. I'm sorry. I hope you understand. I'm moving back with my family who lives in Minnesota, don't try to come after me. It was something I've been thinking about a lot recently- moving back with them, I mean. Something was missing at Seattle Grace, and I don't know what it is, but I just can't stay there. It was such privilege learning under you, and you've made me a better person and surgeon and with that, I cannot thank you enough. You've taught me some valuable lessons that I will never forget. And with all this being said I'm guessing I'm not your favorite intern anymore. I'd go with Mila. She seems like she has everything under control unlike Joey who trusts his crazy-ass psychic more than you. Again, I'm sorry for leaving, I guess this was the breaking point. I always knew this day would come I just didn't think it would be this soon, you know? I'll miss you and Dr. Harper the most. And maybe Dr. Williams too, you guys were badass and actually believed in me when I didn't think I had what it takes to actually be a surgeon. I hope you won't miss me too much; I'm not coming back. I'll miss you a lot though and don't ever forget about me. What am I saying, I'm too unforgettable. I'm still planning to be a general surgeon and I won't let you down. I promise. 

               - Dr. Ross Cameron."

     And another bad thing was she didn't know what to do about Derek or Aaron and she hated herself for it. It made her literally want to die because of how much she hated herself. Lying in bed was the worst time because all she did was think about it. 

     It was like time had stopped completely for her and all she knew was that she'd eventually have to choose between the two. Jamie just hoped the choice would come easy and natural and not forced like she had to just do something.