Chapter 7 - Reason to Remember (2)

"What do you mean? I'm not a saint, bishop-nim."

"Commander."

Suddenly, the bishop grabbed Cale's hand.

'He's already old but why is his grip so strong?'

Cale was stunned by the bishop's powerful grip. Either way, the bishop looked very sincere and had a warm smile. He had a face that looked like he has a strong sense of duty.

— Human! The bishop's eyes are weird!

'I know, right?'

To Cale, even if the bishop pretended to be a sincere man with a strong sense of duty, his blazing and greedy eyes would reveal his true intentions.

'Looks like he's aiming to be the Pope.'

The bishop, on the other hand, was observing Cale's expression.

'..... He didn't show any strong reaction even if I called him 'saint'. That calmness, it's amazing.'

Bishop Tollis, who is in charge of the God of Death's temple in the Roan Kingdom, immediately flew here through magic from Puzzle City after hearing a rumor that Cale had left for the capital with the crown prince.

"It's been a long time since the God of Death delivered a divine item as well as an oracle to the church. This is the first time in the history of the church that a divine item was delivered for a specified owner."

Contrary to his blazingly greedy eyes, his voice was warm.

"I'm not that much of an amazing person."

The church of the God of Death did not have its own saint.

"God has chosen the commander for a reason."

He had some sort of anticipation.

He hoped that the commander was a clumsy hero.

Or at least had a strong desire for fame and honor.

If not, someone who wished to acquire more power.

(E/n: Look at this man thinking about things that can make Cale faint.)

However, the commander he was facing is a man who made numerous achievements in just a span of two years.

He soon realized that he had to let go of his clumsy expectations.

With the commander's subsequent remarks, the bishop finally acknowledged Cale.

"Bishop-nim, terrible incidents have happened all over the capital and there are numerous casualties."

This man deserves to be chosen by god.

The bishop immediately replied.

"Why did you bring the priests here? They are not my escorts."

The chief of the knights, who stood still, came forward at the Bishop's words.

"Are these priests involved with the treatment?"

"I already sent some of the priests to the royal palace. Of course, we are a little short of manpower because we left most of the high-ranking priests in Puzzle City. However, other priests will come from nearby churches to help with the healing, so we can make up for the lack of manpower later on."

The bishop's words made Cale realize something.

'He knows what he has to do as bishop.'

The Bishop who came to Cale knew that god's chosen person is in the Roan Kingdom.