Chapter 31

Aria's dress. ♡☆

The next morning I feel awful as Mel and Amanda come barging into my room,  jumping onto the bed squealing excitedly.

"Guy's get out!" I tell them groggily.

They just ignore me and continue bouncing. Groaning I get up and stumble to the bathroom still half asleep to the care of business.

Coming back out I see that it's 8a.m, and time for me to start getting prepared. The wedding's at noon, so we don't have too long.

After eating a small breakfast, I'm ushered back to my room where the makeup artist, and hairdresser are waiting already for me.

I spend an hour getting pampered, and I look beautiful when they are done with me.

By 10.30a.m me, Mel and Amanda all get our nails done.

When it's time to go get dressed, they head back to their own rooms, and leave me in peace for a little while. I can hear Claire and Maria; Xavier's Aunt cooing at Angelo through the baby monitor and smile.

Once I have my dress on and zipped up, I pull my heels on and take a breath in relief. This was really happening.

Mel and Amanda soon come back in, and we all complement each other.

Feeling nervous again, we make our way downstairs where the others are ready,  and waiting.

Maria and Victor gush at how pretty I am, and praise their Nephew on his choice of bride; even though Xavier can't hear, making me blush.

The others all set off to the church in the limos that Xavier had hired. I'm driving with Carlos; I'd asked him to walk me down the aisle and give me away. He'd spun me happily around the kitchen after telling me "yes" and everyone had watched amused, as Carlos walked around on cloud nine for the last few weeks.

At fifty, Carlos had never married, and the only family he had left was on his younger Brother's side. He'd been honoured that I'd asked him.

Driving on the way to the church, I was shaking with nerves.

"You okay, Aria?" Carlos asks me gently.

I nod, unable to answer.

When we get to the church I see Mel and Amanda waiting for me, and smiling widely.

"You okay, Aria?" Mel asks sounding concerned.

Taking a deep breath, and getting my bouquet from Amanda, I take a sniff of the beautiful white and purple roses, and nod. "I'm good."

I hear the wedding march start up, and Mel and Amanda go out first. I wait a minute, and then Carlos takes my hand tightly holding me steady.

"Ready?" He asks gently.

"I'm ready. Don't let me fall on my face, please?" I ask him, nervously staring down at the shoes Mel had persuaded me to buy.

"Never." He replies firmly.

We start forward, and I'm soon inside the church, and facing the huge crowd of guests; most of who I'd never met.

Once I see Xavier standing up there in his suit, my nervousness goes away, and I feel a huge smile make its way across my face.

Xavier looks stunned, but returns my smile. Amanda and Mel are already stood to one side of the alter at my side. Looking at Xavier's side, I'm shocked to see Xander stood there beside Andre, but hide it quickly.

Reaching Xavier, Carlos places my hand into his, then goes and takes a seat beside Maria and Victor, and my family.

The wedding doesn't last very long, and once we complete our vows, and exchange ring's, the priest pronounces us Man and Wife without a hitch. 

The whole church roars and claps loudly, and Xavier grabs me, kissing me.

I can't keep the smile from my face for the rest of the day. I get congratulated by loads of unknown people, but thank them graciously anyway.

We have our first dance and cut the cake together, afterwards we all sit and have a meal.

The day goes along fantastic. Around 5 in the afternoon, Mel ushers me away to go change, ready for when me and Xavier leave.

I change obediently feeling awful. Me and Xavier were going away on honeymoon for a week, leaving Angelo with Mel, and I wasn't sure I was ready to leave him for that long.

Mel seeing my face, hugs me.

"I promise to Skype you everyday, and to take good care of him, he'll be fine Aria, I promise." She tries to assure me.

I know that Mel will take good care of him, so I'm not sure where all this anxiety is from.

When I'm changed into my going away dress, I meet Xavier at the bottom of the stairs waiting for me still in his suit, grinning widely.

"Ready, Mrs Grayson?" He asks happily.

"I'm ready, Mr Grayson." I reply smiling at him softly.

I kiss him hard, before reluctantly releasing him, when someone clears their throat behind us.

Turning, I see Victor and Maria stood holding my baby boy.

Rushing forward and taking him in my arms, I kiss his little face over and over, telling him that Momma loves him, and will see him soon. Xavier hugs and kisses his forehead.

After passing him back, I feel the tears threaten to start, and grab Xavier's hand, pulling him outside.

Everyone had come out to see us off, and started pelting us both with confetti and rice making me squeal loudly, and causing everyone to laugh.

We make it to the car and see someone had wrote "Just Married" on the back, and attached cans to the bumper.

Driving away, I wave at everyone, and blow a kiss to Mel and Amanda as we pass.

We drive to the airport and board a private Jet; that Xavier informs me he just bought recently.

He still won't tell me the destination we're going to, but as long as we're together I don't care where we go.

Once we're settled into the Jet, we are served champagne and a light meal, before we retire to our private bedroom, and Xavier shows me exactly what joining the mile high club means.