Chapter 9

Angel's Pov

       Who's this chick? I know she is not part of the staff cause I know all of them. Is she new? Maybe newly employed. That should be it. Although my Mom usually informs me before she employs someone new. She usually likes my opinion on such matters. Why would employ a maid without letting me know first? Weird.

    "Take a seat Aurora" my mom said to the girl whose name I just discovered to be Aurora.

     "Umm mum, who is she?" I asked looking at my mother again

    "That's what I wanted to discuss with you. You remember when I went to search the pack that was attacked a few weeks ago" she asked

   "Yes I do.  You went to check for clues or survivors" I finished as my eyes widened in realization. My mom gave me a knowing look confirming my suspicion but I had to ask again.

    "Is she a survivor? How? He doesn't leave survivors, especially when he doesn't get what he wants" I asked surprised.

   "When I got to the pack, everything was in ruins. There was no one standing, building burnt, blood and bodies everywhere. So I went further to see what I could find or if I could see anyone who knew what happened when I came across Aurora, she was standing over the bodies of her parents. After convincing her that I was not a threat, I took her home with me, took care of her and got her to talk to me and she told me that she wasn't home when the attack happened. She wasn't on packlands. She went into town to get somethings done when the attack happened. She was still in town when she heard the word on the streets that her pack was attacked so she hurried home but when she got there it was too late, everything was gone, everyone was dead. And she was the only one left of the Cresent Pack." my Mom narrated. I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away.

  "I am so sorry this happened to you" I said sincerely with my voice clogged with emotions.

   "It's okay. It wasn't your doing." She said giving me a sad smile.

   "Still, it is a terrible thing for anyone to go through" I said walking to her and I gave her a hug.

   "You are welcome here"I said as withdrew from the hug, looking at her with a smile.

    "Your mum has been a blessing to me in these hard times. She has helped me a lot. And I am forever grateful Mama Rose" She said smiling at me and mom.

   "There is more" Mom said as Aurora and I sat down next to each other beside her.

    "What is it" I asked running my fingers through my hair.

   "In order to avoid questions and problems. I decided it would be better for my to adopt Aurora. Which I already did. Am sorry I didn't tell you honey but I had to make the decision immediately" she said which stunned me rendering me speechless. I quickly mindlinked mum to question her.

  Mindlink

   "Is she clear? Are you sure she is not a spy or something"  I asked with uncertainty

   "No she is not. I had a background check done on her and I consulted a witch to be safe" Mum answered clearing my doubts

   "Okay"  I said releasing a sigh

   "But we will have to tell her the truth. She is family now. Leaving her in the dark will bad and a terrible idea" Mum said speaking the truth and I nodded in agreement.

   "We will. Tomorrow after dinner " I said taking a deep breath.

    We had to tell her the truth soon.