(1) Rebirth and Transmigration

"Ruoruo, are you back?"

"Yes. Ah, Auntie Mei, I will pick Baobao. Thank you for looking after him. We always troubled you."

"Not trouble. Your Baobao is so well-behaved."

"I bought some apples in the town. It's very fresh. Auntie and uncle should taste it."

"You girl, ah. Why are you so polite..."

"Is Baobao asleep?"

"No, he has been paying attention to the movement at the gate very seriously, waiting for your return. I tried to take him inside, but he didn't want."

"Really? Baobao is too sticky to me..."

"You are his mother. Of course he is sticky to you..."

At the farmhouse entrance, a gray-haired and wrinkled middle-aged woman chatted friendly with a beautiful young woman. Chi Wen was lying in the cradle under the shade of the tree, spitting bubble in boredom while listening to the woman talking.

...

Hearing what they said, Chi Wen snorted. Waiting for her return? How come! He obviously just wanted to confirm when this woman will finally abandon him!

At first, Chi Wen was still calm and indifferent. But after a while, he started to get angry again. This woman left him here for hours! Sure enough, she didn't care about him at all. No wonder she would abandon him in the future!

Chi Wen was indignant. He didn't want to pay attention to this woman, but couldn't help being attracted by her voice. His small chubby face frowned into a few cute folds. The cradle's cover suddenly lifted open, and a woman's silly smiling face appeared before his eyes.

"Baobao, what's wrong? Your face wrinkled like a tiny old man." Soft fingers lightly prodded the baby's forehead. Fu Yunruo leaned over and picked up her son. She rubbed his smooth face and said: "Baobao, are you angry because Mommy left you behind? Baobao don't be angry. Next time Mommy will take you, okay?"

Fu Yunruo went to the town to pick up an express delivery. This village was too remote, package deliveries had to be picked up personally in the nearest town. She ordered a lot of baby products online, and those were almost too much for her to bring back alone. How could she also bring Baobao? What's more, Baobao was only three months old. He was still too young to go so far. That's why Fu Yunruo asked a trusted neighbor next door to look after him.

Chi Wen didn't believe in this woman's nonsense at all. There were so many 'next time,' but she never brought him along. He would never believe her again!

Even though he was unhappy, under Fu Yunruo's soft voice, Chi Wen's face gradually relaxed, and he unconsciously moved closer to the hand on his face.

...

Seeing Baobao no longer angry, Fu Yunruo felt proud of her coaxing skill. She smiled at Auntie Mei and bade farewell: "Auntie, we are going back now."

"Alright, be careful on the road. Ask me if you need anything."

"Okay."

Fu Yunruo hugged her son and walked out of Auntie Mei's courtyard. Following the village's rustic concrete path, they soon arrived at their rental house. From the outside, the house Fu Yunruo rented didn't look very good. It was a simple hut made from mud and brick that was abandoned after the owner's family built a new house. However, it was very well maintained, and the house itself was enclosed by a sturdy earthen wall. It was suitable for a single mother who lived alone with a young baby.

There was also a small yard inside the wall, which was very neat and clean. Part of it was used as a vegetable garden, planted with various varieties of green vegetables, pepper trees, and a tall persimmon tree. When Fu Yunruo was pregnant with Baobao, she planted many flowers and plants near the wall. This year, many of those flowers have bloomed, and they were so beautiful and colorful.