as they meet again

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
as they meet again
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

That was what happened four or maybe five years ago. Any memory way past that confession is too painful for me to remember.

All I know is that Farrah then called to inform that it was Gazer who took the business framework. I didn't need to investigate afterward. I just confronted Gazer about the framework - he didn't speak, and after that ay naging sobrang gulo na ng lahat dahil biglang tumawag sina Mama't Papa na sobrang nabaon daw si papa sa utang sa casino, gamble, at kung ano-ano pa.

My anger back then was unparalleled dahil alam na alam kong pwedeng mawala sa'kin ang lahat sa isang kisap-mata lang dahil mismo sa desisyon kong pagkatiwalaan siya. Gazer said he didn't know things and I almost believed him kung hindi lang nangyari ang isa pang bagay na ikinakatakot ko noon.

When I was already managing my new company, I was then accused of stealing the business framework of the Vuerreros kahit na salungat naman do'n ang nangyari. I had a hard time contacting anyone I know to help me defend it on court, and I failed because they destroyed the evidences and Gazer of all people refused to be a witness.

There it came through - the feeling of betrayal when I signed the papers with him and his Father in front of me. I tried to talk to him and plead for help but his eyes were all empty.

He also turned his back on me like I don't matter to him anymore.

I compensated them a huge amount and even gave the publishing company for collateral. And then, wala akong may nagawa kung hindi ibenta rin lahat ng asset ko to pay for all of my Father's debt.

I was left with none. Not even my own companies, my money, and Gazer. Napunta kay Gazer lahat ng yaman ko because the person that my Father is indebted to? It was Gazer's father, Isaiah Vuerrero.

I sighed. Not even Gazer stayed. I tried to ask him but he told me to leave like I'm nothing but a piece of trash to him anymore. He said he knew my secrets and I have no idea what's he referring to. Nang sinubukan ko ulit siyang tanungin ay tinaboy niya lang ako. It was raining back then when I left with nothing but dried tears.

Fuck. I almost kneeled in front of his door just so he'll talk to me, but I never did. I might like him so much but I'm still a Madrigal and I still have my pride. I'm not backing down and never will I.

Napapikit ako nang mariin. I can still remember everything so vividly - the pain, the misery, the betrayal, and how all of those came from the man I liked so much.

"Ate, ang lalim ng iniisip mo. Ayos lang ba talagang ikaw gumastos para sa'kin?" Aya asked me for the nth time pagkatapos naming makarating sa apartment kung sa'n ako kasalukuyang naninirahan.

I nodded before putting down our bags, "I'll get the money somehow. I don't know how but I will."

"Bakit ayaw mo ro'n sa gwapong nakasama natin sa panirahan ni Lola?" Ngumuso siya. Agad na sinamaan ko siya ng tingin habang paupo ako sa kama dala na rin ng pagod.

"We're not in good terms, Aya. I think you know that."

"But ate, he looks rich. He can give us the help we need, you know." Punto niya bago humilata sa tabi ko, "Ano ba nangyari noon?"