40

A/N: favourite bxb book?
I love Rage With Benefits or anything by 2WantLoveAnd2BeLoved.

L E O

Our eyes locked and I couldn't breathe, my breath caught in my throat and any words I had planned to say died on the tip of my tongue. Those greyish orbs with flecks of silver, that reminded me so much of dazzling stars on a clear dark night, so enchanting, exquisite and breathtakingly beautiful, had me completely captivated, locking me in place, leaving me entranced by the sheer beauty that was Emilio.

Because to me, if I had to describe perfection in one word, it would be Emilio, as he was everything that beautiful should be, he was like fine artwork, an angelic painting that I could admire endlessly.

As our gazes failed to part and the minutes drifted, neither of us spoke, the world around us stilled as our souls seemed to call for one another. We were simply too lost within the depths each other, that I couldn't- even if I wanted to, (which I didn't), will myself to break the silence.

My feelings felt heightened the longer our stares held, the low thud of my heart so loud that it reached my ears and I could feel it pulsing in my finger tips. It was more than anything I'd ever felt before and I knew he was just as lost as I was, we loved each other with a love that was so much more than just love. It was everything that could never be nothing. He understood me in a way that no one ever could, he loved the things about me that no one ever should.

He was mine, as I was his. And it terrified me.

"Welp," Atlas broke our trance as he clapped his hands together and hopped off the bed. I forgot he was here. "This freaky staring contest is making me feel a teeny weeny bit awkward. And as much as I love you guys, I really don't feel like being a third wheel."

Pouting, he turned to me, winking as he did, or well, blinking, "thanks for not dying, Le. I see you've got some," he gestured between Em and I, "issues to solve, so imma come back at a later date. Love you lots." Giving me no time to process and respond to his words, he gave me one last blink and a salute before leaving, the door clicking softly behind him.

Clearing my throat, awkwardly, which was silly because I've never felt awkward in Emilio's presence, I snuck a glance at my best friend, or, more than friend? "So..."

"So..." he looked at me, trying and failing to offer a smile, his eyes brimming with tears, "Le, amore." He said, his voice choked with emotion, the tears he'd been trying to hold on to, now cascading down his freckled cheeks.

I'm not worth your tears, Emmy.

With the nickname rolling from his tongue so easily, my heart ached longingly in my chest and butterflies invaded my stomach in swarms.

I can't believe I missed his stupid pet names.

"Come here," I told him, opening my arms, feeling a desperate urge to hold him. Which shocked me for a moment and him too, as he stilled, as though he was processing my words. Less than five seconds later his body barrelled into mine, the warmth of his tears dripping into the crook of my neck as he held me tightly in his comforting embrace.

I've really missed this, I've really missed you.

"Please, never try and leave me again." He mumbled against me, goosebumps arising in ample amounts as his lips tenderly and unintentionally brushed against my skin with each word he spoke.