𝗖𝗵. 𝟯𝟱

"

"..W-waka-kun?"

He stared at your teary eyes for a second before speaking up. "Hey, kid. What are you doing here by yourself crying?"
"U-uh.. it's nothing," you responded, quickly wiping your tears away.
"..."
"Sorry, this is really embarrassing. I have to go.."

'Out of all the people.. I had to cry in front of him?!'

You got up to leave, but your legs started shaking. Next thing you knew, you fell on the ground in front of Wakasa's friend. "Ow!"

"Crap. You okay, kid?" He helped you up.
"..."
"You gonna tell us what happened?" Wakasa asked.
"N-no.."

Wakasa took your hand away from Benkei and picked you up, bridal style. "W-what are you doing?!"
"I'm taking you to your brother," he responded, not looking at you. All you could see was his sharp jawline as he started walking.
"I..I can walk by myself. Please let me g-.."
"I'm not leaving my friend's little sister out here by herself when she doesn't even know how to walk on her own."

Benkei watched the interaction between you two. He's never seen him act like this before. Guess he just had a soft spot for... sick kids?

Wakasa took a small glance at you before continuing to walk. "You look like you want to ask something."
"Uh.. yeah.."
"What is it?"
"Just wondering what you guys are doing here."
"Senju wanted to come, but she ran off somewhere. Guess she was looking for snacks."
"Oh."
"What were you crying about?" Benkei asked, behind you two.
"Mmh... i-it's nothing, I was just being a little moody."

'Gosh.. Waka-kun looks so handsome in a kimono..'

...

Wakasa had carried you through the crowd of people all the way to your brother. You felt bad. He had to carry you for a while, his arm must be hurting at the moment. You finally spotted Shinichiro, talking to the girl he mentioned.

"Yo, Shin," Wakasa called out to him as he gently put you down on the ground.
Shinichiro turned around and spotted you and his friends. "Hey.. what's wrong? What happened?"
"Found her cry-.."
"Th-they helped me look for you!" You interrupted Wakasa. "I injured my ankle, so I couldn't walk. Waka-kun carried me to you.."
"Ah.. why did Mikey even leave you alone? I told him to look after you.."
"I'm not a kid, Shin."
"Well.. you are to me," he patted your head. "Ah.. th-this is Mayumi-.."
"I know," you interrupted. "I'm the one who set you two up."
"Oh, r-right!"

"Are you his girlfriend now?" You asked her.
"Oh! Uh... yes," she blushed.
"Oh, that's g-.."
"My ema!" Someone bumped into you, making you fall on the ground.
"Ow..!"
"Y/n?! I'm so sorry!" The guy apologized, quickly helping you up. You moved your hair out of your face and realized it was Takemichi.

Shinichiro quickly pulled you to his side. "Who are you?"
"I-I'm.. Hanagaki Takemichi!" He bowed.
"Take..mitchy," Shinichiro mumbled.
"I-It's Takemichi.. but it's okay!"
"He's my older brother," you introduced him. "And his girlfriend."
"O-oh! Wait, you're.. Shinichiro?! I- uh.. Mikey-kun talks a lot about you! I-It's nice to meet you too, ma'am!" 'No wonder they're brothers.. they both pronounced my name the same way.'
Mayumi smiled at his greeting.

"Of course he talks about me," Shinichiro gave him a smug grin. "I'm the best, people look up to me."
"Wow.." Takemichi stared at him in awe. "The leader of the first gen Black Dragons is standing right before me!"
"You're such a fanboy, Michi-kun," you handed him his Ema. "May I read what you wrote on it?"
"N-no!" He blushed in embarrassment, throwing his hands — and his ema — in the air. "My ema! I-It flew away again!"

"He's just like you," you told Shinichiro as you watched Takemichi run to grab his ema again.
"What..? I'm not that.. awkward, right?"
"You are," Mayumi giggled. "He's like a little version of you."
"I'll go with Michi-kun," you walked away.
"Oh... wait, didn't she say she injured her ankle?"
"No.. she was crying, so I carried her here," Wakasa told him.
"Crying..? For what?"

...

"What do you mean your Emma?"
"Oh! Takemichi!"
"Did you mean this?"
"Ahh! Yes, please give it back!"
"Okay.. you look pretty desperate. Oh, Y/n-chin!"

Mikey ran up to hug you. "Where'd you go? I was worried~!"
"I told you, I was with Shin and his girlfriend." You told him, not hugging back. "Can you let go now?"
"Huh? Mmh.. okay..?"

"Y/n-san!" Chifuyu ran up to you. "Oh my god, y-you look super pretty!"
"Hey.. yeah. You look beautiful," Kazutora agreed.
"Didn't know you were attending this year," Baji grinned, ruffling your hair.
"Yeah.. my first and last time coming," you mumbled.
"Oh, what was that?"
"Nothing. You guys look very nice."

'I wish big bro Izana was here right now.. with us.'

Suddenly, everyone started cheering and yelling.
"Ten seconds until new years!"
"Let's jump in together, guys!"

"Three!"
"Two!"
"One!"

"Happy New Year!"