can we get him? (requested)

"Sana, look! Isn't this puppy adorable?" You asked as you put your phone on her lap.

"Very." She replied before sending you a small smile and looking towards the tv.

You felt a tug at your heart just thinking that, maybe, the conversation would end just like that.

You didn't want that.

You weren't giving up on persuading her into getting what you want just yet.

"He's only a couple of months old and he's in desperate need of a good home and a loving family."

Sana knew where this was leading to.

Breathing out a sigh, she picked up your phone and stared down at the screen, where a picture of the cutest little golden retriever puppy was.

She looked at you as she handed your phone back to you.

"He's right in the area. It would only take us a few minutes to go and get him."

Sana saw the hopeful look in your eyes and the hopeful smile on your face as you impatiently waited for a response.

"Baby, I know you want to get a dog, but I just don't think it's the right time. I don't think we should get a dog right now."

You frowned at her words and Sana noticed.

Undeniably, her heart ached at the sight of you suddenly looking so sad.

"I'm so busy that I won't be here much to help you train them and I won't be here much to help you take care of them. I don't want you to do it on your own."

"Sana, I can take care of a dog by myself." You chuckled. "You're so busy these days and I understand that, I do. But you might be touring again soon and you've got another comeback approaching. I could use a little companionship."

She looked into your eyes before looking away.

"I think this would be great for us. We both love dogs and I'm so in love with this one, look how cute he is! Isn't he precious? Try and say no to that adorable little face."

You showed her the picture once more and she threw her head back with a groan.

"Stop it, my heart is melting!" She whined as she put her hand over her heart. "It's not fair, he's too cute."

You giggled, knowing she was starting to fall in love with him and give into you.

"He would be a great companion for me when you're not here and he'd be a great addition to the family."

"And he'd hog the bed, mess in the house, be spoiled rotten." She added with a laugh.

"Yes, but you know he'd be worth it." You said as you put your cheek on her shoulder. "Can we get him? Please?" You begged as you pouted your lips.

For so long, you've been asking Sana if you could adopt a pet together, but it just never felt like the right time.

But seeing how much you want this puppy and knowing that he would be a lovely addition to your tiny family made her cave.

She couldn't say no to you.

Not this time.

"On one condition."

"Anything!" You excitedly said.

"He's our dog." She said. "I want him to be your buddy while I'm not here. I want him to keep you company and be there to hold onto when I'm busy in practice or on tour. But I want him to be our pet, one that we share and take care of together. The start of our beautiful little family."

"Okay!" You happily said before hugging her tightly, excitedly squealing against her skin.

"Text the pet adoption center that puppy is at and let them know that we're on our way."

"Yay!" You said as you jumped up and pulled your shoes on, excitedly contacting them as Sana said to so you could go and pick up the sweet little puppy you'd both love forever.