3 ❃ modern day jesus

Song Brain Stew - Green Day

Song ꕥ Brain Stew - Green Day

It's been two days.

Two days since I last saw my siblings.

There's not a second that goes by that I don't think about them, what they're up to, or what they ate for dinner. My heart hurts at the thought that maybe they aren't happy. That's all I've ever wanted.

"Hey," my head snapped over to the open door where Eden was standing. She has this warm smile on her face.

"Hi," I mumble, looking back out the window. I can hear her steps getting closer to me.

"They're going to be okay, you know?" She brushes some of my messy hair out of my face. I give her a nod cause I know they will be, but I'm not sure I will ever be.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asks, tangling her fingers in my hair. The mere thought has me getting all choked up.

"Not today," I mumble, closing my eyes as I try to forget about it. I look up to see her nodding before patting my back.

"So, are you excited for our crazy adventure?" she asks with a little giggle, trying to lighten the mood.

"Kind of terrified, to be honest," I confess. She falls on her bed as I turn to face her.

Shortly after she brought up the plan I was informed of part two. Something about a surprise adventure that will be good for me. Being the stubborn girl I am, I pushed for more details.

I'm joining Eden, Luna, and some friends on a trip across the country. We are road-tripping to sunny southern California. I've never even been out of the state!

"Dinner!" We both hear Luna shout from downstairs.

"Have I ever put you in an unsafe situation?" Eden asks as we make our way to the kitchen. I look back on the many times we've run from the cops for being in abandoned places.

Since we were young it was an interest of ours. In middle school, we used to make ghostbusting videos. That was until we made an ouija board and a candle went out so we've been terrified since.

"Yes, multiple times actually," I state, watching her roll her eyes.

Finally, we reach the kitchen where I'm swarmed with the best smell in the world. Tomato soup and grilled cheese is a Luna Smith special.

"You're like sexy Martha Stewart," I say, making Luna look back with a laugh.

"God and you're just sexy," A lower pitched British voice says behind me. I turn back to see a girl with jet-black hair and dark eyeliner. Heat spreads to my cheek at the sight of her. She sat on the end of the small breakfast nook in the corner.