⚾︎| chapter thirty three

KELANI PARKER
hey, you! don't be a silent reader:)
PS. the italics is the reporter talking, if that makes sense.

Coco and I both stare at the business card and letter we received.

I glance over at Coco who's in complete shock, don't get me wrong I am too but this is too good to be true.

"Big opportunity." Is all she says and starts to laugh, "HOLY SHIT LANI! WE MIGHT BE HOUSTON ASTRO DANCERS." She shakes me like she's trying to get my attention.

A small smile escapes my lips, "Crazy." Is all I say with a smile taking a look at the baseball stadium.

And yup I made it.

"Okay we need to go so you can see your little boyfriend work his butt off!" She opens my car door and unzips her dance jacket revealing her custom-made jersey.

I lock my car and examine her jersey, "Wait, turn around." I tell her and she does with a confused look on her face.

My eyes widened and my jaw drops "The back of your jersey" I point at the name, "Why does it say Richards." I ask her very confused.

She turns around immediately, "Man, we really need to hurry up, so you get the chance to see your boyfriend." She changed the subject obviously not wanting to explain why the hell she has Dallas's last name on the back of her jersey.

"You mean we have to see our boyfriends?" I correct her and let out a giggle. She shots me the bird and walks away from me.

I know she loves me, but we'll talk about this last name on the back of her jersey shit later.

»»———-  ———-««

We both sit down in one of the seats, surprisingly we're sitting in the VIP section.

"How did you get these seats." I place my purse down next to me.

"Christian saved us these spots just in case we made it, and we did." She says with a proud look on her face while flipping her platinum blond hair.

I laugh at her and examine the baseball field, "It's weird being back, since you know... last year." I remembered, and if I could, I would love to erase that day from my memory. For good.

Hell, I would love to erase Blake from my memory.

"Last year was the worst, I mean cheating? Really?" Coco says, before sipping from her cup of beer.

I take a look at what inning we're in on the big screen, 6th inning. I barely made it. Right now, North Shore is batting, with 2 men on base at the moment.

"Up next is number 17, Dallas Richards," One reporter says.

Lots of screams, not too much, but lots.

Dallas walks up to home plate and starts to practice his swings. He then walks up to home plate and as my eyes follow him, I spot Christian leaning against the railing that separates the field from the inside of the dugout.

He looks stressed. I mean if it were me, I would be as well. I mean 6-10 and in the 6th inning?

I glance at Coco who's nervously sitting on the edge of her seat, I then look back at Dallas who's getting ready to swing.