welcome to the jungle, stranger things ✓

TITLE: welcome to the jungleLOVE INTEREST: dustin henderson OC: yasmeem and nailah khalifa FACECLAIM: iman vellani and may calamawy YEAR: 1986 / S4STATUS: taken by mirearth

LOVE INTEREST: dustin henderson
OC: yasmeem and nailah khalifa
FACECLAIM: iman vellani and may calamawy
YEAR: 1986 / S4
STATUS: taken by mirearth

DESCRIPTION
In which the khalifa women fight the upside down again

or

In which the worst familiar face from their past crawls out of his hole

SUMMARY
The Khalifa women have a very rough past. From the day Nailah and Khadija rode their bikes down their neighbourhood street after school one day, everything went downhill. Next thing they knew they were being drugged and thrown into a van. Never to see their homes again. Waking up in a strange place or well a lab, both strapped down to a table and a strange boy strapped down across from them.

That's when everything changed for the two friends. They were stuck in that lab and after many failed attempts of escaping, they gave up and gave in. Locked in those white walls never to see the light of day again. Counting each day that went by. The tests and the failures and even though the man that brought them here failed with their experiments, they had seen too much so they couldn't leave.

So they tried to make the best of it. They found comfort in each other and so did the boy the 'met' when they woke up. That's how it was for the first decade of their lives they were stuck there. The friendship between the three blossomed as Brenner brought more children in to be tested on. They wished they could stop him but they truly didn't know how, not without getting punished.

After just over a decade of being stuck in that lab, Khadija disappeared. Just like that. Gone. Just like that. Neither Nailah not Henry knew where she was, or what she had planned. They just knew that she was gone. That she had left them. That she had left her child. No warning. No notice. Not even Papa knew where she was.

Nailah was heartbroken, how could her best friend of almost twenty years leave her behind after everything they'd gone through together. Both Henry and Nailah were quiet for awhile and barely spoke to eachother. They weren't mad at each other, no one could've predicted what she was planning.

The only thing that kept the once strong friendship between Nailah and Henry alive was little Yasmeen. They hated how she was born into the Lab, that she'd probably never get to see the real world. Feel the sun on her skin, smell a flower, run in a field of tall grass. They were extra protective over her than the other children. After all she was the daughter of their closest friend.

But they knew she was truly screwed the day they discovered she had powers. It didn't make sense to them, Khadija didn't get any abilities so how did the baby girl get them. Brenner started training her as hard as the other children  often alongside 011. Yasmeen was powerful but that's what scared them, they knew that if Brenner figured it out he'd exploit her.